• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

speedo mounted above headlight

Owning a Nytro, I relocated my speedo to the handlebars. I didn't like how far it was away from from eyes, plus the handlebars partially blocked my view.

my dealer also told me about flipping bracket after seeing someone on the forum has done it i'm going to the garage to get at it .

maybe someone knows better than me but when I tried to flip speedo bracket it was clear wind shield mount would have to go i'm not willing to lose wind shield I may try relocation bracket from oem or schmidt bros protection bars .

Just tried oem spedo relocation bracket will lower spedo but not with winshied so I'm going to try schmidt bro protector bar there is not alot of protection on phazer I want to keep winshield for extra cold days

kodak said:
maybe someone knows better than me but when I tried to flip speedo bracket it was clear wind shield mount would have to go i'm not willing to lose wind shield I may try relocation bracket from oem or schmidt bros protection bars .

i put mine on the inside above the tank, no problems with anything that way

kodak said:

This is what i did. Went to the hardware store and bought some same thread but longer allen head bolts. cost a few bucks and a handful of washers i found in the garage as spacers. this way it cleared the wind shield mount.

Attachments

• IMG00011-20101122-1420[1].jpg
    IMG00011-20101122-1420[1].jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG00013-20101122-1421[1].jpg
    IMG00013-20101122-1421[1].jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 82
it will fit with the stock hardware also you just have to do a little grinding on the mount. but i like yamahas idea i wish i would have thought of it.

Back