• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Catalyst Sneak Peek Ad

WillowAce

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper L-TX-DX - Sold
2019 Switchback XCR - Sold
2015 Viper L-TX-LE
2019 Renegade 850 - In the shed just in case
2020 Viper L-TX-SE
Just saw sneak peak on Facebook. They have the old guage on it but also have an optional snowmobile specific GPS unit with a dedicated mounting place under the guage cluster. IMO opinion smartest thing they could have done. There is nothing wrong with the old guage cluster, in fact it is very good at providing the info we need when riding. Adding a GPS with trail info, group tracking etc. as a standalone unit is perfect. Now all we need is a blue Catalyst with a 1049 or 998 mounted in it.

Just saw sneak peak on Facebook. They have the old guage on it but also have an optional snowmobile specific GPS unit with a dedicated mounting place under the guage cluster. IMO opinion smartest thing they could have done. There is nothing wrong with the old guage cluster, in fact it is very good at providing the info we need when riding. Adding a GPS with trail info, group tracking etc. as a standalone unit is perfect. Now all we need is a blue Catalyst with a 1049 or 998 mounted in it.
Agree.. Give the OPTION for all the fancy crap.. Some guys want this and I understand it has potential for sales. I have no issue with what's on the sled now either..

They should use a RS guage. Big analog tach and a modern LED display. Keep it the same overall size. I hate digital tachs.

All I want to know is if Yamaha will be selling the Catalyst. Need one on time next winter. Cat releases first. Can’t wait for Yamahas release. Bummed. Not a clue but I sure would like to get a Blue Catalyst. 600 Mtn for me. Well if Yamaha does get it can always put a blue wrap on it

Agree imo let me decide if I want to pay more for nonessential over expensive gauges.
I just rode with an 850 polaris this week. Thier standard gauge is the size of a plying card. Terrible to see.

I just rode with an 850 polaris this week. Thier standard gauge is the size of a plying card. Terrible to see.
Hey, have you seen the gauge on my Nytro? It’s like the screen on a Nokia brick phone but it works, so no big deal.

Nytro gauge was always a complete POS, almost impossible to see anything but the Speedo digits.

Nytro and Phazer gauges are horrible.

Hey, have you seen the gauge on my Nytro? It’s like the screen on a Nokia brick phone but it works, so no big deal.
Yeah, I had a Nytro XTX, but those are 12 years old!!!
If you don get the Polaris 7s gauge, then you end up with a gauge that I consider WORSE than the current Cat/Yamaha gauges. It is hard to see and you cant see all your info at once

Back