• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spent lots and have no snow

amd's apex

:o| , I spent $1500 in new parts plus put new Simmons Flex skis on. The sled has new track, new idler wheels (at least I can change the bearings in the new ones). All this and almost no snow. I've had one eventful ride on it. I went about 15 miles to a small town where I grew up and all of a sudden I hear a siren. I got pulled over by the RCMP. Well I hadn`t registered it for this year yet. With so little snow it seemed pointless. Well apperently it is a $164.00 fine for no registration. :o| :die

But one thing thing Simmons skis were awesome!!!!!! Well worth the upgrade.

If the water is froze make it a ICE-DRAG SLED.thats what i WILL do if it keeps on not snowin much! or maybe a CONVERSION 3-WHEELER,plate it and go!

I too am sharing your pain. Above freezing weather forecasted for the next 2 weeks in Southern Ontario and Northern Ontario is not looking to pretty either. This winter sucks!

We have had about two weeks of cold and snow here between Rochester and Syracuse. Now its 35 F and we are losing the thin base we had, but trails are still rideable. All of our snow is of the lake effect variety, which is fluffy, lacks moisture and doesnt pack well. As a result, even with more than 3 ft. of snowfall, our base got run down to about 4 inches and now we have bare spots and snirt during this warm up. However, without the lake effect, we would have nothing so I shouldn't complain.

Cold weather and snow expected again around Jan. 25.

&%& all snow here on the south coast of newfoundland and nothing in the forecast. Was going to buy klim gloves and the new yamaha skis but with zero snow, I'm here just trying to keep the faith.

heelingcowboy1 said:
amd's apex said:
:o| , I spent $1500 in new parts plus put new Simmons Flex skis on.

I have spent over $3000 thise year and haven't rode much either!! I am feelin the pain as well!!!

Yep, about $3000 over haul and no snow here also. 5 deg C here today. I kept 10 days of holidays for the Winter and this is what I get!! :o| #$%&*

Down to maybe a foot here in Northern BC, and about 4 feet in the hills. Normal there is like 10-12 feet.Was even raining this morning here. I think it's "Olympic Curse"! Knew it was doomed from the start! hahaaha
I wanna see the bobsled ride there, turn into the Disney Logride now, that'll learn them! Hahahahaha heroes!

Our trails are the best I have seen in years. Lots of snow pack, great groomed trails. I put 900 miles on between Dec 15 and Jan 1. You guys gotta come to NY and try out some of our trails...

Back