• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring Charts

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Been Playing with Springs. Far as I can tell all models have same rear arm springs Yamaha#8JP-G7474/473 this is the same as AC#1704-576/577

I have tried and found the AC Lighter option #1704-354/355 to offer a softer ride on small stuff. Still testing on big. It did give me about a inch of sag. I am going to try the AC# 1704-352/353 next because the 354 has more preload than even the stock spring. Trying to get more sag in back then will deal with valving.

For lighter riders such as me at 145lbs even if jumped and g-outs the softer spring may be a benefit. If not willing to experiment stay tuned I will let you all know how it goes.

Attachments

• DSC00637 (Large).JPG
    DSC00637 (Large).JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC00636 (Large).JPG
    DSC00636 (Large).JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,455
  • Viper Specs.jpg
    Viper Specs.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 599

Can anyone suggest what spring I need for my LTX SE? I am 150 pounds and have zero sag. I am looking for a softer spring that will give me the preferred sag.

JBT said:
Can anyone suggest what spring I need for my LTX SE? I am 150 pounds and have zero sag. I am looking for a softer spring that will give me the preferred sag.

Take your shocks out and see if you have sag. Apparently all vipers have same springs. Some have sag and some don't. I'm guessing cause of shock?

And the size of the wrap. Wish we could get the silver one with a big wrap like stock.

Here is a pic with all 3 I ran last year. All have at least 500mi on them so well set already.
Spring Comparison.jpg

Looking at the Stock spring in the pic I'd say mine are bent less than that. Mine are in between the one up top which is 80° and the stock which is 94° so it pretty much has to be the 566/567 spring at 85° bend.

I just don't know that there would be enough difference to justify the cost. I'm guessing that the 9° difference would be more than one can step, but would it be as much as 2 steps?

I guess if someone went lighter and was selling their used stock springs might be worth a try.

Back