• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRViper M-TX 162 Touring Accessories?? Help With New Toy!

TheNatural

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SRViper M-TX 162
I just bought a new to me (and practically new with 109km on the odo) 2016 SRViper M-TX 162. I was shopping for one of the crossover models for the type of riding I plan on doing, but this one popped up and I couldn't resist! Now I'm looking at accessories to make it better suited to my needs.

The biggest issue is occasionally taking a passenger for a trail ride. My wife's only condition when I bought the sled was that I get a passenger seat so she could come for a ride sometimes. I've found the Kimpex SeatJack that says it's compatible with my sled and has good reviews. I've also tried to find a way to add an OEM Yamaha or Arctic Cat rear seat, but it sounds like a lot more cost and hassle because they aren't compatible with the mountain seat I have now? Is there any other options I should look at to get my wife a decent place to sit?

Hitch! I ordered the light duty hitch from Yamaha, but I'm a bit concerned it'll be too light duty. I want to tow a skimmer down some boring trails to get some gear to a cabin on occasion. Nothing too excessive, but probably up to 100lbs at times. Do I need to be worried about getting a beefier hitch, and if I do what should I look for?

Gear bag/gas. I'd like to put some sort of cargo system on the tunnel so I have a spot to bungee a dry sack/backpack/gas can/whatever the day calls for. It looks like Yamaha's catalogue doesn't have anything for the 162's (unless I'm not looking hard enough). Is there an aftermarket solution?

I will mostly use the mountain sled as a mountain sled so please skip the "should have just bought a ____" comments. I just need a little bit more flexibility for occasional tasks.

lots have had to up grade the hitch/bumper on their sidewinders and vipers for carrying gear on tunnel. barn of parts is making a tunnel reinforcement for these aplications as well.

Gear and gas storage - I like the "built in" look of the Powder Keg 700 series...View media item 1761

lots have had to up grade the hitch/bumper on their sidewinders and vipers for carrying gear on tunnel. barn of parts is making a tunnel reinforcement for these aplications as well.
I looked at the barn of parts website and couldn't find the tunnel reinforcement. Is it still under developement?

yes it is. travis had some pics up in the sidewinder section if i remeber correctly.

Back