• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX-120, lighting

mikekillay

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Arctic Cat
Hi everyone, this season I managed to destroy the stock light of my 2015 Yamaha SRX-120.
I think of getting it fixed, and while I understand, that I can possibly get a used one from eBay, I consider getting a new LED light instead. I installed a pair of LED bulbs on my Silverado truck, and I like how they work. But as long as the plastic lens of my Yamaha light is broken, I need the whole new assembly. So I thought of getting a new assembly with an LED bulb with it. I thought of something like KC Hilites
https://www.powersportsid.com/kc-hilites/kc-hilites-off-road-lights-1267003704.html
or other nice brands (not those no-name $20 LEDs from Amazon or ebay).
Before I buy the light and try installing it, I wanted o to ask you folks here to see, if anyone tried installing something similar on their Yamahas? If so, what potential problems do I expect? I mean, Can-Bus errors (not sure if my snowmobile has got can-bus, but still). Do I need extra load resistors?
Thanks,
I appreciate any comments!

Back