• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs LTX

The SRX in comparison was relentless in its acceleration
well put. they don't quit.
After riding one of these and going back to a 2 stroke you can feel how the 600's and 850's "give up" after a bit.
break it in like you stole it.

well put. they don't quit.
After riding one of these and going back to a 2 stroke you can feel how the 600's and 850's "give up" after a bit.
break it in like you stole it.

I pinned it on a wide open piece of trail with a sweeper, accelerating through and pinning it coming out, I am sure to everyone behind I must have disappeared in the snow dust, must have yelled 'holy f*' loud enough on the cardo that everyone behind thought I had crashed. I heard a chorus of 'whats wrong' from everyone over the radio and I had to admit the mid range pull took me by surprise. ;)

I pinned it on a wide open piece of trail with a sweeper, accelerating through and pinning it coming out, I am sure to everyone behind I must have disappeared in the snow dust, must have yelled 'holy f*' loud enough on the cardo that everyone behind thought I had crashed. I heard a chorus of 'whats wrong' from everyone over the radio and I had to admit the mid range pull took me by surprise. ;)
Ha !!! now wait until you tune it !
boost, it is addictive for sure,

Awesome review and comments!

Does anyone have any guess as to why Yamaha went back to the same rear torsion springs on the 22 SRX as what they used on the rest of the LTX models from 17-on?

I was looking at the parts diagrams today and it appears that only the 19-21 SRX are using the lowered rear torsion springs. I also checked the Cat part numbers for the Thundercat torsion springs and those are using the lowered torsion springs for 19-22 model years. Seems strange that Cat would continue to use them on the Thundercat but Yamaha would go back to the standard ones for the SRX.

Back