• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STABILIZER LINK, FRONT 8JP-F386F-00-00

meklke

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper
Has anyone tried an aftermarket part for the front sway bar link? I have broken 2 on the left side.
https://www.ebay.com/i/292877667045?chn=ps
s-l640.jpg

I am not breaking links but I sure feel like smashing them with a hammer... sick of the dry squeaking because there is no good way to keep the ball's lubricated.
Wish there was replacement made of ABS plastic or something like Skidoo's or Polaris

I am not breaking links but I sure feel like smashing them with a hammer... sick of the dry squeaking because there is no good way to keep the ball's lubricated.
Wish there was replacement made of ABS plastic or something like Skidoo's or Polaris
Have you diffinetively narrowed the squeek to these links???

Absolutely. Lube them or take them off, no more squeak. Take the link off and spin the balls in your hand and can make them squeak...

Hear SW guys complain of the same thing. Lubing is only temporary, won't even last 1 ride...

I've though maybe drilling a real micro hole in the outer steel housing into the cavity of the ball to force waterproof grease in with a needle grease gun. That is my next desperate move.

Has anyone tried an aftermarket part for the front sway bar link? I have broken 2 on the left side.

Left side, do you think it has anything to do with the left side typically is the side that wacks the biggest moguls in the center of the trail?

Oh I hear ya. I lube every joint in the front end and at 11kms (6.5 miles) it back!
Just trying to pin point it as everything gets a shot of lube not just the little links.

Yes. I've used both the Maxima and Belray Chain Lubes, working it into the ball sockets with the links removed and in my hands. By the end of the next ride they are squeaking again.

I know it's not the a-arm pivot bushings because i've taken those apart twice and lubed all 8 with waterproof grease.

I have the squeaky gate on the right side which I thought was the links also, turned out to be upper a-arm front bushing. Tried the Fluid Film and helps but doesn’t solve it for long. I get a lots of laughs when I pull out the can when we stop to take in the scenery while riding. Bought new bushings,nuts and bolts to change and grease this summer.

Back