• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STALLING CURE!!!

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex GT
First of all I did not find the cure myself. got pointers and help from FABIO.
All I had to do is set the CO on all injectors to -10. This is verry easy to do. All you need is a little wire and it can be set using your gauge cluster.

First of all I did not find the cure myself. got pointers and help from FABIO.
All I had to do is set the CO on all injectors to -10. This is verry easy to do. All you need is a little wire and it can be set using your gauge cluster.

What was the initial setting before you changed them?

and i also have better throttle response when i snap the throttle.. got her nice and warm also and does not die down now. cant wait for snow now

and i also have better throttle response when i snap the throttle.. got her nice and warm also and does not die down now. cant wait for snow now

I have a buds Apex that stalls and when it gets hot it idles down and wants to die. I will have to give that a try.

I have a buds Apex that stalls and when it gets hot it idles down and wants to die. I will have to give that a try.
It's a must!!! Do you need the instructions?

Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up thegauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge willgo blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between"DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this iswhere you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in theodometer section
- Press "Select" to increase thenumber (richer), "Reset" to decreasethe number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" tochose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positivenumbers). Generally up 10 will beenough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252); border-radius: 5px; color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-ser

Justin, great news. Keep us posted on how it goes on snow this year.
Don't mean to rain on your party, but my buddy's higher mileage Apex responded well to the Co adjustment just as yours did, but did not last, and this led him to checking the valve clearance which 100% solved the problem for good. A few hundred kms after Co adjustment, it was back to stalling when coming to a stop on the trail. He had to feather the throttle to keep it going while stopping so it wouldn't die completely.
It is odd that after 18,000kms on your sled with the prior Co settings that this problem is just showing up, time will tell. Cheers man!

Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up thegauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge willgo blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between"DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this iswhere you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in theodometer section
- Press "Select" to increase thenumber (richer), "Reset" to decreasethe number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" tochose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positivenumbers). Generally up 10 will beenough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252); border-radius: 5px; color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-ser
Do you mean go down 10? As noted in your earlier post you went from 0 to -10 and it fixed your stall and hesitation?

I hope that fixes your problem, but if it comes back, you will need to have your valves adjusted. I've seen this on at least 6 sleds where they tried everything & it was the only fix...

This is a very good thread to keep in the back of your mind if it happens to you. I wonder how bad it is to adjust your own valves. I’ve done everything else so might as well learn how to do this if I ever need to. :)

My bud had this problem at 12,000 miles & after valve adjustment, it purrrrs now. I had my valves done at 17,000 miles & they were hardly off.
If you continually adjust CO's & your idle screw.......time for valve adjustment.

As far as doing it yourself.....it requires removing everything like changing oil then more to get to valve cover. You can measure gap & order specific shim from Ulmer or you can buy a whole shim kit. Procedure is on this site somewhere or on Youtube. I had a real good dealer do it since he had my sled opened up anyways...

Last edited:
I’d probably do it myself. I helped a buddy adjust the valves on his diesel generator and it was a piece of cake to do. Can’t be much different once you have access to the valve cover.

Last edited:

Back