• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension Set-up/Results so far?

MCApex44 said:
Just wondering how you guys are making out with the Star Suspension so far. How do you have your sled set up? Have you tweaked the 'suggested' suspension settings? The rear suspension sag is now mostly gone and I feel the ride quality is much improved. Very smooth at all speeds and no bucking/kicking. Maybe a tad bit on the soft side...I might try to go up a click or two on the rear shock clicker.

My results are that I find the sled is perfect except for now I have increased/harder steering effort. It might be because the one change I did (from last season) was I switched out the Pilot skis to the Yamaha Tuner skis with the 4-2 carbides.

My settings are:
Torsion spring blocks set on Medium.
Rear Clicker set on 3 clicks from full soft.
Front rear shock/spring set on full tight.
Limiter strap one hole tighter from stock.
The only 'Star suggestion' I didn't do is that I didn't soften up the front shock springs to level out the A-arms. They are not that far from level but this might be the next thing I do to try to lessen the steering effort.

Adjusting your front spring preload (Leveling out the a-arms you mentioned) is what alters the weight on your front skis. More preload = more weight = more turning force. Reducing your preload will lighten up your steering.

yamaha1973 said:
09nytro said:
I'm thinking about this kit myself...what track are you guys running with this kit

Your wanting to go to a 128" track and relocate correct? The one they are describing is for the XTX's...

Right i want to go to a 128 track....and i know they are talking about the xtx..dont know why i asked about the track just thinking out loud i guess...lol...

Back