• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock 03 RX1 radar results, Also F7, ZR900

RTX Meirda

TY 4 Stroke Master
Riding on a lake in Northern Ontario this weekend.

Temperature --- 7 degrees C, really WARM!

Results on radar.

2003 RX1 totally stock, 2400 miles, brand new belt, rider weight 210 lbs without suit helmet etc. 2000 ft approx.

113.5 mph on radar 128 mph on speedo.
***note. had to really hug the sled to get this mph...would run 109 with wind resistance!

The sled revs about 9200 and moves to about 10,100rpm

2004 F7 brand new, totally stock.
109 mph on radar, 112 on speedo

2003 ZR900 stock with clutch work.
109 mph on radar.

Race results:

Raced the F7, pulled him out of the hole, he passed me in the mid range and moved ahead about a sled length and stayed there.

I will be cluching, in the near future to get some more speed in the mid range.

I also will be installing windage plates, cr10ek plugs, exhaust, ecp filter kit, & heelclicker kit in the near future, one at a time and doing some stage tuning.

Stay Tuned!

P.S. I kept hearing how good the ZR900's are in all of the mags. Pretty disapointing....the sled worked well, but not the "King of the Lake" like the books say!

You have to watch what you read!

Looks like you could have passed that F7 on the top end :shock: EH!

For Sure!

The only problem is that you really have to sprawl out on the sled to get the 113.5mph

Hard to do on an unkown lake, easy to get bucked off, if you hit some ruts!

My buddy raced the 900 with his really good running REV 800. They raced twice and the the guy kept going....I think he was crushed.

The Rev beat the 900 by about 4- 5 sled lengths in about 2000 ft.

according to last years amsnow shoot out the stock F7 is faster out of the box then the zr900... but when clutced ... the tables turn...

the rev is very good out of the box according to them also...

The Rev clutching is right on the money. My buddy has countless days on the lake with a Cudney kit with terrible results. The air bos mod was his best gain by far. He also has a tempaflow with EGTs. He keeps the sled running the 1250 degree range no matter the temp outside!

hey sounds good to me... If it would ever get cold enough here to form ice. id love to ice run the Warrior!!

Id be pretty happy with 115 with the mods i have done!! :D

Hi rx1 did you run the rev,that beat up the cat 900 and did you beat him,the rev that is?

That REV is wicked fast! Pulls like nothing that I have seen before!

The midrange is crazy, he handled my SRX last year too.

He is unbeaten so far...not many rev's are this fast. I have seen a few run 100 to 106 mph! His used to run 106 when he first got it....now it runs 116.5mph with the airbox and tempaflow! He used to have a Mach Z with mods and ran 124 mph....it did not pull like this sled in the midrange!

I can confirm what RX1 MEIRDA says about the ZR900.
I have one in the garage sitting next to the RX-1 03 shorty. The 900 has 75 miles on it so it could still be a little tight. The RX is clutched w/ H.C. and TEAM secondary 58-38, .46. The RX walks right by the 900. We were shocked by how really slow the thing is! :shock: Decent hot shot and low end torque but tops out quickly. No radar available yet but the RX is running 132 on speedo = approx 114-115mph real. A well running XCR800 still give problems in mid range and creeps out about 2-3 sleds at 1 mile and was radared last year at 117 vs 115 for the RX.
Now I have installed 4 TPI's and jetted up to 142.5, but haven't been able to run it due to the absolutely wonderful weather lately. Ice is all but gone but cold weather is expected back next week.

Hi rx1merida,dont judge all zr900s by this one days race,you may be very dissappointed,i have run bone stock zr900 no studs and he beats me by 4-5 sleds in snow in 1,500 ft. wicked midrange this was 03 900 1" track and w/minor mods wicked fast all thru to top. top end can run up toward 125 radar on slightly moded out f-7 and zr9 so dont think all are slugs. Now they may rattle apart before they get thru a 1 mile run but they are fast. :lol: :lol:

The Beast is right!!
My experience tells me that most guys with ZR-900 or F7 will screw with them to make them run. And some do run very well.
I'd never, never, run a ZR9 or F7 on anything but fast ice conditions.
In the snow they'll make the 03 with the stock track look sick :oops:
Make sure you know who you're racing.

You guys are right for sure.

I know that they are messing with them....and so are we.

I can see me buying a turbo after all of my mods are done.

I am just comparing stock to stock.

You have to watch who you beleive....no one wants to say what they have done.....you just have to look for the guy that does not have a matching suit....and you will find a stock one.....think about it....am I right.

Watch out for Roosters.....they will not stop until they run out of money.

cock-a-doodle doo......lol

Last year I ran a zr900 on 1 mile + run with a very fresh srx , stock, but tuned on the money. I could stay even til about 80 then he pulled away steady . I was reading about 127 mph at the end he was 5 lenghts ahead, impressive for sure . We ran several times with the same result.

The good news: so far in runs up to 100mph, the 2004 Warrior is handing that srx and absolutely kills the thing in snow conditions. The hook up on the Warrior is for real . I need to to get a run with that zr cause I'm starting to feel a bit cocky. I think I'll suggest a short field on snow.

Back