• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock shocks and Gen II's

Gleek

Just picked up a pair of Gen II's for the Nytro MTX with 162. I have been running stock skis with the shocks almost fully preloaded and skis centered. Any suggestions on shock preload and ski stance with these boats? Rider weight 235 including gear. Thanks

I personally won't ride without the Floats anymore. Put them on my MTX and Dragon RMK and love them (better ride and slightly lighter). The Gen II's don't excite me though, it's a trade off as you add weight to the front of the sled to gain flotation. Personally I prefer Powderhounds as the are great ski's and a cheap way to lose approx 5+ lbs on the front end!

Powderhounds - approx 12 lbs complete
Gen II's - Simmons say 20 lbs? complete

Just added my GenIIs three days in 4 feet of fresh powder,, worked awesome in the powder and on the trail.. Sway bar removed and fox floats at 95 psi.. Unreal handling worth every penny..

jrusher said:
Just added my GenIIs three days in 4 feet of fresh powder,, worked awesome in the powder and on the trail.. Sway bar removed and fox floats at 95 psi.. Unreal handling worth every penny..
i would have to agree i love my gen 2`s :Rockon:

My front end is off the snow 90% of the time as it is. I can't see adding a couple of surf boards for the 10% of the time it is touching. Im still NA too....

Gleek said:
Just picked up a pair of Gen II's for the Nytro MTX with 162. I have been running stock skis with the shocks almost fully preloaded and skis centered. Any suggestions on shock preload and ski stance with these boats? Rider weight 235 including gear. Thanks

I'd keep the suspension preload the same. The stock shocks aren't the best and seemed a little soft so I swapped them out for some floats.
I left the gen 2's centered. You shouldn't need to adjust anything special for them, they will carve and sidehill just fine as is. Enjoy.

What are you doing to keep your skis off the snow that much? My riding style is by no means good but lifting the skis that much being NA has got to be a suspension set up or is it me? :dunno: When I've been in deeper powder my skis were not above the snow AT ALL.

Adjust your transfer rods so that when you are on the throttle hard in powder the skis are just skimming to just above the snow. Personally I don't see the point in sticking the front end straight in the air. Mine are at about 1/8 to 1/4" from bottom and it works good. I was thinking of installing some Gen 2's but I don't know if it will fit between the tool boxes on my truck anymore if I do. The floatation word sure be nice for slow work in the trees.

Back