• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Y-pipe

i dout it. ive been lookin for one for 8months now. its part of the whole exhaust. the muffler is attached to it. direct from yamaha its around 500 or 600 bucks i think. cheapest i found it on here was around 300. i imagine u want it to make ur own custom exhaust without cutting up ur stock cause ur sled is still under warenty so if anything does happen u can just put ur stock back on without a chance of a warenty denial. at least this was my reasoning.

actually we are building our own rear mount turbo system. this way if there is any problem, he can put it back to stock and bring it to the dealer. thanks
-dru

I would just cut it.If no welder handy to fix it just get a sleeve and two clamps to piece it together.I had to remount my stocker this way after my aftermarket can fell apart.

Listen very caferully :tg:

Try a magnet against the muffler, tube and muffler hanger parts and reinforcements. Real stainless is not magnetic.
You will find that muffler and tube are not real stainless, but muffler hanger rods and the reinforcement bracket are stainless.
I welded my cracked tube using plain steel MIG/MAG welding and that was no problem. But time will tell...

That is nice. I am just a DIY welder. I did not know that plain and stainless steel was used and welded together in the exhaust system until I did the magnetic test.
Is this a common method of mixing materials ?
And what type of steel is the muffler made of, being magnetic but rustproof ?

teerex said:
That is nice. I am just a DIY welder. I did not know that plain and stainless steel was used and welded together in the exhaust system until I did the magnetic test.
Is this a common method of mixing materials ?
And what type of steel is the muffler made of, being magnetic but rustproof ?

it is a stainless but a low grade. actually if you've ever been in a repair shop you'd see alot of this. actually running a stainless mig will work just fine, if you're gonna weld it burn hot though, like 20 volts with a spot process. don't use thicker then 0.35 wire either, thinner wire makes easier spray transfer.

Back