• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke ski on 2019?

Firedawg1998

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 srx
Hurricane PM bundle

2012 apex xtx
2012 vector gt
Hey folks, I'm done with my tuners on my 19srx. Strong arm steering and pushing like crazy with a wierd tendency to hook and lift inside ski is driving me bananas when riding with two other cat turbos.
So Yamaha Canada claims to be sending my skis out on the 22nd and I cant find anywhere if they are just gonna bolt on.?
Just curious if anyone knows for sure that I do or do not need the cat rubbers or bolts?
I'm only ordering carbides once I sure the skis are in the mail.

Thanks for any insight.

Why would you need the cat rubbers ?

I just compared the 19’ srx with a 22’, bolt and rubber pads are the same part numbers, but the striker ski shows inserts part # 16, not sure if those come with the ski.
4C04E0EC-D0A0-418A-9D49-DE0D6293799D.png

Of course, I should have checked that site. I'll remember that for next time. I just wasnt sure cause its the tuner skis, I thought maybe Yamaha may have had their own rubber to mount it to the cat spindle which is now different on the newer sidewinder so I just figured everything might be different, but the microfiche says it all. I also figured the bolt might be different.... 16 is the standard shims and the skis are said to come with 4 of em. Then they offer difference sized ones in a kit for 40 bucks to fine tune...
Okay, then, thanks for that info... now just to wait for my tracking number... cheers.

Of course, I should have checked that site. I'll remember that for next time. I just wasnt sure cause its the tuner skis, I thought maybe Yamaha may have had their own rubber to mount it to the cat spindle which is now different on the newer sidewinder so I just figured everything might be different, but the microfiche says it all. I also figured the bolt might be different.... 16 is the standard shims and the skis are said to come with 4 of em. Then they offer difference sized ones in a kit for 40 bucks to fine tune...
Okay, then, thanks for that info... now just to wait for my tracking number... cheers.
What carbide are you installing on them?
When we get riding together I would like to try your sled in the trails with the strykers.. if you let me of course..

Do I ever have a great 300km ride for u once u stop working, lol
I'm still not believing they will come off backprder and be shipped like Yamaha said on the 22nd. They were showing in stock until 2 days after I paid and then the emails came in..... hmmm. I've read every post on cat skis with deadly snowtrackers, hahaha. I think u run em? The budget cat mark , loves his but literally one day of riding isnt anything to write a book about. They look deadly I tell ya, sticking way out in front of the ski like that. I'm reading alot of good things about woody's dooly and slim Jim's... seem like a good all around feel on the trails from the cat turbo reviews ... we can def trade, Haha.

I'm still not believing they will come off backprder and be shipped like Yamaha said on the 22nd. They were showing in stock until 2 days after I paid and then the emails came in..... hmmm. I've read every post on cat skis with deadly snowtrackers, hahaha. I think u run em? The budget cat mark , loves his but literally one day of riding isnt anything to write a book about. They look deadly I tell ya, sticking way out in front of the ski like that. I'm reading alot of good things about woody's dooly and slim Jim's... seem like a good all around feel on the trails from the cat turbo reviews ... we can def trade, Haha.
Love my trackers on cat skis.. been running tracker since 2010 and never run anything different since I love how the hold corners especially ridi g the big trails.noth

Would that 300 klms. be from Capreol to Shining tree and back ?
Did it yesterday.

Would that 300 klms. be from Capreol to Shining tree and back ?
Did it yesterday.
Ummmm, ya, that is totally the ride, hahahaha. Nice stretches eh? Really gets the blood flowing and let's that turbo breath some fire...

How were the trails north of cap
as usual , the farther north you go the better they get , but all in all pretty good.
Some only opened or went green late Saturday night .
I have done this same one day trip the last 3 years .
Leave the cottage at 8 am and back by 8pm.

Well, I finally recieved my stryke skis and went with semi aggressive snowtrackers for starters. Two cats I ride with are enjoying their aggressive ones . Just fyi on the trackers fitment...I believe I ordered the newest version 20113 and they are still too short of a bolt on then, they literally have one thread to bite on and when they are good and tightened the threads just some upto the nylon lock part. I lock tighted them but it would be nice to see some threads showing. I'll just keep a daily check on em for a bit. The skis themselves are about an inch wider and bolt right up using all existing parts from the 19. I'm ordering the 160 cat front skid spring as well and should , or has to be better than the clapped out spring in there right now, have it about 10 turns up from contact and its just okay...

Someone from snowtrackers posted 20411 is the semi for the strke ski.... after I ordered, just my luck..

Well, I finally recieved my stryke skis and went with semi aggressive snowtrackers for starters. Two cats I ride with are enjoying their aggressive ones . Just fyi on the trackers fitment...I believe I ordered the newest version 20113 and they are still too short of a bolt on then, they literally have one thread to bite on and when they are good and tightened the threads just some upto the nylon lock part. I lock tighted them but it would be nice to see some threads showing. I'll just keep a daily check on em for a bit. The skis themselves are about an inch wider and bolt right up using all existing parts from the 19. I'm ordering the 160 cat front skid spring as well and should , or has to be better than the clapped out spring in there right now, have it about 10 turns up from contact and its just okay...
Post some thoughts on these carbides/ski after some miles.. Interested
Thanks

I will see what I think for sure. For this week until the new trackers show up, I borrowed a in good shape used pair of dually's with about 6" of carbide. Will see how these fair out against my original tuners with similar condition carbides...

Back