• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke ski on 2019?

I will see what I think for sure. For this week until the new trackers show up, I borrowed a in good shape used pair of dually's with about 6" of carbide. Will see how these fair out against my original tuners with similar condition carbides...
Any thoughts on the stryke skis with semi-aggressive snowtrackers? Thinking about getting the snowtrackers as well but interested to hear how people like this combo (or not :)).

Snow trackers should be in today, I rode them so far with about a 3mm homemade shim in the back which is the way I ran my tuners so the ski sits just a tad tipped up. Using a 1/2 worn set of dullies from a chum and so far the thoughts are. Lighter steering, zero darting with a little push when being aggressive but i have about 11 turns up from contact on my stock front skid spring which I could lower and surely take out alittle of the push but its not bad at all and predictable. So far this season with the tuners it would hook and lift the left ski with almost ever left turn, swapping carbides and playing with independent ski pressures did not fix it.. well, that is gone, corners equally now. I could live with this setup..
Today I'm installing the cat 2704-229 cat skid spring and my snow trackers, pending delivery. Ill check but not touching my toe yet.. stryke skis are about an inch wider which is a bonus as I still use my 300hp srx for pulling a fishing sleigh, hahaha. On 270 though... careful on the semi st # roaming on this site; its not the proper trackers for the stryke. I sent the ones back used here on cat skis and they are def wrong.. ask the guy who has an extra hole and repair on his new skis!!!!

Thanks for the info, good to know. So you had no darting with a pair of woodys doolys and a custim shim. That's good info for me, as darting is my main complaint with the stock carbides on the stryke skis. So now I'm really curious if you like the snowtracker setup more or less than the doolys :).

Yes, this season I've ran my tuners with full carbides x 2 both around 80 percent condition for 1000 miles so far. No darting but hard, hard steering. I have calluses where my fingers attach to my hands from pulling those bars through every corner... those 60 percent dollies were half the effort and no hooking.. installed the semi st #20411's tonight. For sure they are the new updated ones. They sit 2" further back and the tab mounts an inch back from the start of the keel and the bolts are the proper length for the thickness of the stryke.
I know i said I would leave tow alone to start but after a quick measurement, I currently have about 3/4 of an inch toe out. An 1/8 and I would have left it.. forum members with good snowtracker experience all wrote, set tow to zero..... so I'm heading back out....

Attachments

• 20220207_173633.jpg
    20220207_173633.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 103
Trust me, that repaired hole is killing me, looks good from the top.

Stryke ski tried snow trackers did not like on them. They were awesome on my cat skis but not stryke. I used 6” slim Jim’s on my stryke skis and love the setup best to date so far on all my setups IMO.
What was it that you didn't like? Or rather what did the slim jims do better?

What I noticed lots was when coming in or out of corner would bite hard and bars would turn opposite my cat skis did it the odd time but I noticed stryke skis did it quite often and wasn’t confident in sled. I have slim Jim’s on exactly same sled and setup in group with slim Jim’s no problems so I bought and tried and actually never did it again got 1400 kms now on them.

I picked up a set of Qualipieces Mission Offset 6" carbides. Much less darting, but not zero. About the same amount of push as stock, so seems like a good option so far (limited to 3 outings).

I will probably try the slimjims as well given the above experience :).

i have the aggresive ST's what did you have ?
I don't think the semi's work very well on strykes.
I just had the stock yamaha carbides, which for 2022 (at least on mine) are an offset dual runner.

Used those for the first 2500km or so, switched to the qualipieces yesterday.

So I've logged 1000 miles on my stryke skis with semi snow trackers. I think its pretty dialed in. I also installed the 260 cat spring and that has made a big difference in handling the rough stuff without bottoming out my front skid. Steering wise, zero darting after aligning my skis which were towed out 3/4". I've been slowly adding pressure on my front skid spring and liking it more and more. Less steering imput needed compared to tuners for sure. It doesn't hook and lift the inside ski at all anymore. It has that little bit of controllable push when it's soft and just rails when its cold. 2 turbo cat friends with aggressive st on have no complaints but the trackers mount differently even though the 4 bolt pattern is the same.. I've had zero indications that they are dangerous in any way. I've been waiting for some dreaded bar slapping event as I've read some have had. Nothing! . they sure do strip off big plastic coils on my trailers ski guides...

Back