• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud Length

studs

Bahr05 said:
So no one has studs in the outer belts of the track??

I do every other in the outside belt. 144 , 1.450 Gold Diggers. around 8500 miles had one pull thru . this was in the middle not the outside too. the key to not having pull thru`s is to make sure you have enuf studs for the power you have , not enuf studs puts more stress on the ones you have and results in pull thru`s. also have to make sure to watch tension on the track

Is 144 up the middle enough for an XTX? At 1.375 length. Going to start studding next week.

Its a 57 pitch track so 2 per row would be 114 or 3 would be 171 which I wouldn't do any less with your mods. I would also recommend 1.45". Under studding a torquey 4 stroke puts stress the the track! I did a 2-2-4 pattern for a total of 152 and it hooked ok but to each his own.

bottlerocket said:
Its a 57 pitch track so 2 per row would be 114 or 3 would be 171 which I wouldn't do any less with your mods. I would also recommend 1.45". Under studding a torquey 4 stroke puts stress the the track! I did a 2-2-4 pattern for a total of 152 and it hooked ok but to each his own.
i totally agree!!!1.325's are useless i had 228 of them in my ripsaw and it wouldnt hook that well with just pipe,pcv,clutching much less the turbo setup.. 1.45 or bigger ftw!!!!

how does it stress the track? I could see it stressing the studs and pulling them out. I was thinking a 4-2 pattern. That is stud boys recommendation for intermediate performance i think. I got a good deal on 144 studs backers and nuts so was going to go that route but I could get some more at full price.
My father did 171 on his xtx down the middle at a length of 1.375 and is happy with it so far. Maybe I should just do that and get it over with

How would this work as a 152 pattern with all double backers? to much stress on the track? yes I made this in paint and its not perfect

Attachments

• stud pattern.jpg
    stud pattern.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 163
That 's what I started with and Im saying it is not enough. You could say it stressing the studs and not the the track but the track is holding the studs! Sounds like you have your studs and you have a plan so what else can be said?

bottlerocket said:
That 's what I started with and Im saying it is not enough. You could say it stressing the studs and not the the track but the track is holding the studs! Sounds like you have your studs and you have a plan so what else can be said?
I do have my studs and I'm going to try to make it work. I'm asking if the pattern is ok. or is there a picture of another 152 pattern that would be better

Stone9 said:
bottlerocket said:
I do have my studs and I'm going to try to make it work. I'm asking if the pattern is ok. or is there a picture of another 152 pattern that would be better

That is the pattern I started with keeping them as tight to the rails as possible. Mine were 1.45" gold diggers with woody double backers.

Back