• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding a 4 stroke

Banks53

Hey, is there any difference in studding a 4stroke vs a 2stroke. The new 4strokes make so much more torque then the 2strokes so i was wondering what information I could find on this subject.

thanks guys!

For the most part, I think most perole are using 144 in the Apex, I know.
What sled do you have, adn what has been done to it.
Try doing a search on studding, and I'm sure you will find more than enough info to read. There's been many, many threads on this topic.
The search function is at the top of your screen, second from the left.
N

My little brother just got his REV XP 1200 4tec. Its all stock, I would like to get some information before my over zellis "know it all" dad throws in 144 studs that arent up to par.

I would image that they should stay down the middle of the track. But how about size, thicker? Is there a new type of stud out that deals with the torque these monster produce.

I don't know what would be any different other than the HEAVIER WEIGHT of the new 4-strokes. However, the new XP's are using a slightly different track composite/design that calls for larger stud heads, which the AM's are on top of. If all else fails, I would ask the dealership or BRP for advice specific to THAT sled.

IMHO: I prefer to run studs on the outside too but that's just me. There is a saying: Do not stud the outer belts if you do not want to turn - or something to that effect.

:yam: But the new 4-Tec and 2-Tec are just as impressive in their own right. What took them soooooo long :tg:

That's true, Skidoo tracks are thinner and have a different pitch, therefore 144 is not a normal count on the 120" track.

Why not swap in an Ice Ripper pre studded track?
No drilling required.

I heard something to he effect that they have a warranty and you can only use certain studs on their tracks otherwise you void the warranty. Ill call BRP and find out, because my parents didn't pay attention when they went to pick it up and didn't pay attention.

Of course.

You will want the SP or "Single-Ply" studs. Both Woody's and Stud Boy make them.

Back