• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding Suggestions

A v-pattern works the best and if you use the right length of stud you wont have any problems.rich

bluebyyou2000

bluebyyou2000,
I don't know what you mean by a stud being damaged by improper installation. What exactly do you mean by improper installation?

Improper Installation. I see alot of guys who tighten stud nuts with crappy impact wrenches and when I take a hand ratchet to them, I can get 3 full turns out of them. Loose nuts will translate into a loose nut to backer to track to head scenerio, which inturn means its sloppy and the whole assembly wont be as strong thus will help the stud to move under acceleration. Not only that, most of the pull throughs Ive seen are from undertightened nuts and holes to close to the outer edges. The real damage IMO comes from understuding, but good installation helps your cause...BBY

Thanks for the responses, but has anyone had any problems (clearance) with studding the 1.25" and with what height stud?

If you install 1.25's you should really add some protection. I ran 1.180's on the stock track last year and did have some scrathces on the heat sheild. Go to any good hardward store and buy some 1/4" x 1" x 6 foot aluminum flat stock and rivit it directly on to the existing protectors. It does the trick and looks like its meant to be there...BBY

Back