• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studs Destroyd Header!!! PIX ADDED!

powderpimp1

Expert
Has anyone else had a problem with their studs thrashing the header? My center stud pattern has torn a huge hole in the rear of the header! any insight on this dellema??????
these pix were taken w/ a cell phone, so there kinda crappie.

Attachments

• header3.jpg
    header3.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 129
  • header2.jpg
    header2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 129
  • header1.jpg
    header1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 134
  • header4.jpg
    header4.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 139
  • header5.jpg
    header5.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 156
  • header6.jpg
    header6.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 128
  • header7.jpg
    header7.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 127

waiting for pics...

I just installed 144 1.40" up the middle on my 06 nytro (woody's double, single pattern) hope I don't start trashing mine this year.

sorry no miles on it so I can not look for damage on mine.

I broke my header at the end of last year, only because my studs grabbed the Hauck silencer. It broke the header, silencer, and put a hole in the front cooler. I'm running 96 1.375 double diggers all in the middle.

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 65
yikes, looks like a mess.

Is the Hauck silencer different then the stock? I am running all stock exhaust. Should I be worried, and maybe add to the protectors?

Yes the hauck silencers are different. They have a muffler kind of like a 2 stroke dirt bike under the seat. I'll see if I have any pics of the rest of the muffler. You shouldn't have anything to worry about with the stock silencer.

Wow, that doesnt look good. I just installed 108 1.325" studs down the center on my 07 Rage. I dont remember seeing others having trouble with this when I was researching studding. What sled is this that you had the issue? G.B.

Hauck silencers, you can't stud the center 4"s of the track. Their install sheets state that. The silencer hangs down a little bit more than the stockers do.

1CrazySledder said:
Hauck silencers, you can't stud the center 4"s of the track.
I was running a short piece of extra tunnel protectors. The only reason this happened was becauce the rivets broke on one of the extra tunnel protectors. Sorry for the confusion. ;)!

Back