• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STUDS ON 05

I have done the same as the Mighty. I love them. I have to be honest though, this is my first sled and first sled with studs I have ever driven. So far, I have been very happy with them. I hope this helps.

Studs

I also agree with Mighty, Just picked up my 05 RX-1 and the wifes RS Vector, put 96 Megabites , 1.325 on both sleds, this should work fine, I ran 162 of the same on my 04' Warrior and after 3000 miles last winter they look almost new. I've studded over 20 sleds and these seem to be the best so far. I hope you enjoy your sled!

Think snow,

Ron M

Not to keep beating this subject to death but I asked my dealer to call before he studs my new '05 to let me know what they where going to do and they feel that they can't put any bigger than 1.175 ". :o|

They had just finished another RX1 and DON'T feel that 1.325 " will fit without damaging tunnel. They said that the 1.175 would work fine since the tips of the ripsaw are soft and that will allow the studs to "stick-out" far enough to be effective. I realize we are only talking .15 " differance in stud length and it has been said several times that the 1.325 will work without damaging anything. I want to be politically correct with my dealer since this is a new one to me this year. Does anyone feel that they are correct in saying that a stud .08" shorter than the track will work fine because of the soft tip construction of the ripsaw.

They are also studding all they're new Polaris 900 (they are supposedly coming with the same track now) with the 1.175 also. (they handle both lines)

Is there any chance that the new monoshock suspension might make the tunnel to track tolerances a little tighter on the '05??

Has anyone already studded there '05 and ran it, then checked tunnel to see how the clearance's are??

Thanks for the input.

Stud length

Go with Mighty on this one, last year when I was looking to stud my Warrior I called Woody's direct and the Megabite at 1.325 is what they reccommed, it worked fine on the Warrior and I see no clearance issues ont the 05's with the Ripsaw track! I have seen where some stud manufactures measure differently/ length above track? Maybe this is what your dealer is talking about, who knows, I wouldn't hesitate using the above mentioned studs!

Ron M

Thanks Might & Blue.... I'm probably go down tommaro and tell them to go ahead with the 1.325"

Any other thoughts/input from anyone as far as the "soft tip" theory they have and using 1.175 " studs.

Thanks

Back