• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stupid question

Anybody else notice the girlfriend's phazer is turboed? The oil tank is aftermarket as well. Not that it should have any bearing on his PCV idea.

OVR4D said:
Anybody else notice the girlfriend's phazer is turboed? The oil tank is aftermarket as well. Not that it should have any bearing on his PCV idea.

Look closer thats a Supercharger ;)!

And yes you are right the oil tank is aftermarket but hose is in same place on stock oil tank. I do also have a turbo Phazer same color as yours that I am selling as supercharged is the only way to go in my opinion.

Stingray719 said:

So it is ... :Rockon: I've never seen one on a Phazer up close. Not many around where I'm from I'm guessing. Very cool. Must be fun to ride. I bet it makes the sled feel a whole lot lighter.

OVR4D said:
Stingray719 said:

So it is ... :Rockon: I've never seen one on a Phazer up close. Not many around where I'm from I'm guessing. Very cool. Must be fun to ride. I bet it makes the sled feel a whole lot lighter.

Takes off like an Apex, very very fun.

It would be nice if you could buy just that oil tank. It has to be stronger than the stock paper-thin aluminum one. It's so easy to bend and dent that thing.

Jeffz said:
It would be nice if you could buy just that oil tank. It has to be stronger than the stock paper-thin aluminum one. It's so easy to bend and dent that thing.

Its an MPI tank, buy one from them.

Everytime mine rolled it stayed running till I shut it off. Reason I say a PCV valve would nof work in that situation is because if the engine is running the PCV valve probably would stay open because of vacuum created from running motor and still allow the oil to come out. Maybe I am wrong. Test it.

cannondale27 said:
Everytime mine rolled it stayed running till I shut it off. Reason I say a PCV valve would nof work in that situation is because if the engine is running the PCV valve probably would stay open because of vacuum created from running motor and still allow the oil to come out. Maybe I am wrong. Test it.

I understand your concern there. In theory the vacumn would pull the check ball up just enough to let air in and not oil out. Let me elaborate, back in my stock car racing days if we had a hole in the oil pan it was near impossible to weld because oil would leach out into the weld...even if you drained the oil. So, with the engine full of oil we would hook a household vacumn cleaner to the valve cover vent and creat suction allowing us to weld the pan as long as suction was on.

Will roll the sled on its side this weekend and test though. Thanks for heads up.

A manufactor of roll over kits has mentioned that this method might not let enough case pressure out due to size of PCV valve and cause an issue. Has not happened to me (even with supercharger) but please be aware of the risk.

Ruggybuggy said:
So did I miss what the application was?

Sorry I cannot find the receipt. Next time I am at Autozone I will try to track it down again.

Tested it today and worked as I expected. :Rockon:

stingray719 said:
Ruggybuggy said:

Sorry I cannot find the receipt. Next time I am at Autozone I will try to track it down again.

Tested? As in rolled it over again? :jump:

Jeffz said:
stingray719 said:
Ruggybuggy said:

Tested? As in rolled it over again? :jump:

Girlfriend was not agreeable to rolling it agin so we tipped it over in the parking lot.. :-o

Back