• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stx dx suspension transfer

Isnt that what these guys have? I am thinking they deleted it on there sleds. Maybe compensating with a heavier Torsion spring. Take a look at the Cat side. Pantera. All guys I know that have them say they ride awesome. They also have the overload.

They have stx dx 137 different set up and no over load springs available for them 137 as same set up as RTX .
The stx dx 146 has same suspension as Pantera but don't come with overload springs or 2 up seat, its sold as an accessory.

cannondale27,

Do you think changing to the lower slide block would help make it softer and more Transfer? The spring would have less tension on it then.

They have stx dx 137 different set up and no over load springs available for them 137 as same set up as RTX .
The stx dx 146 has same suspension as Pantera but don't come with overload springs or 2 up seat, its sold as an accessory.
Right. What's part number for torsions? And yes the shorter slide blocks would help transfer but very little. You have no sag at all?

Allan when you said with skid off ground you can turn center shock spring by hand. Do you mean it's barely contacting retainer and nuts or just that lifting sled makes it easier tighten it? Either way keep cranking it up till front feels light. That will help.

cannondale27,
part number for torsions for stx dx 146 is: 8LN-G7473-00-00

The sled by it self has no sag if i get on it it barely moves , but this is with no gas in front tank or back tank. going to get the smaller blocks and try it on the snow gassed up when we get some. Don't want to change spring Just trying to soften up back end a little. I got 123000km on sled like it is so it could not of been than bad. lol
Took the block off last night and let spring lay on bolts and push down on back end of sled it moves down easier and has a little sag, so hoping the smaller blocks well do the job.

When the sled is on the ground i can not turn the center shock spring by hand. by lifting off the ground you can turn it by hand but not real easy. I cranked it up 2 turns from last year riding. waiting for snow not to try it. Now when I push down on back of sled they front of sled moves up just a little. so maybe I got the center shock to where I need it.

After you put the smaller block for softer rear suspension and want more transfer, you could try to lossen up you limiter straps and crank more the front center spring with less pressure on both skis. It's what I done on my Stx dx

Last edited:
After you put the smaller block for softer rear suspension and want more transfer, you could try to lossen up you limiter straps and crank more the front center spring with less pressure on both skis. It's what I done on my Stx dx
Well look at that. Can let the limiter strap out one more hole.

Well look at that. Can let the limiter strap out one more hole.
Yes! Try one hole first and don't forget cranking front center spring. You want it like a rocking chair. Don't worry for the cornering. When you'll left the throttle it will seating on his skis and the rear will lift you will create center pivot. You will notice less push in the corner

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but have you greased the skid frames' grease points? I know my sled's suspension works and sags a whole heck of a lot better when everything is lubed up.

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but have you greased the skid frames' grease points? I know my sled's suspension works and sags a whole heck of a lot better when everything is lubed up.
As for me Yes, I had every shaft and bearing out of mine and greased and repacked.

Installed the shorter Block today and got 1" of sag when I get on the sled. with the higher block I never had any sag.

Back