• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stylized front bumper with Roest skid plate

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
installed the new stylized front bumper with the Roest skid plate. The bumper was a tight fit. I'm not sure if it was the Roest plate making it difficult to install or just the way the bumper was made. I really like the looks of the bumper and plate combination and they should provide some good protection. http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss33 ... %20bumper/

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

I bought the same bumper thought it looked great but then I pulled the sled ahead on my shop floor and bent it right over, the 2 tubes that run up to the grab rail are too weak and further weakened by the welds, if you give it a tugg straight forward you will see what I mean, my yamaha dealer was really good about it they took it back, new but bent.

grizztracks said:
installed the new stylized front bumper with the Roest skid plate. The bumper was a tight fit. I'm not sure if it was the Roest plate making it difficult to install or just the way the bumper was made. I really like the looks of the bumper and plate combination and they should provide some good protection. http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss33 ... %20bumper/

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!! ;)!

Great design and improves the looks! I would sand it and paint it RED to really match the cool look of your sled.....
:Rockon:

I have roest plate as well,ordered black bumper from Yamaha 2 weeks ago. Bumper is on back order and no due date. They said I should have before Christmas..Bummmmer.. :o| Looks awesome on your sled! :Rockon:

yamahabandit said:
bottlerocket said:
Roest plate has no effect on the bumper mounts.
I think we understand that! :o|
I dont know who "we" is but grizztracks post was a concern with the roest plate and mounting the bumper. Did you pm everybody in this post to come up with "I think we understand that" ~ guess not you said i think! :drink:

Roest said:
Looks like the two (bumper/skid plate combo) were made for each other!!

That's what I was thinking. They come together well.

I had a hard time deciding which color to go with and almost went with black. I decided on the silver because the rear bumper, spindles and arrow ski mounts are silver. I like how the bumper blends in and isn't the first thing you notice.

Grizz,

Do you think that your bumper will have the structural integrity issues that catalac described in his post?

I have been planning on ordering this bumper tomorrow but now am a little hesitant if I cannot lift / move the sled by the front.

Thanks!

I also have this combo on my MTX this season and it was tight but in a good way, they cover each other really nice! IMO

I think it's at least as strong as the stock bumper but I don't think I'd try lifting the sled by the drilled out ends. If you look at the lower mounts they are much thicker and with the center plate I believe the lower portion is definitely stronger.

grizztracks said:
I think it's at least as strong as the stock bumper but I don't think I'd try lifting the sled by the drilled out ends. If you look at the lower mounts they are much thicker and with the center plate I believe the lower portion is definitely stronger.

Fair points, to give more info I bent mine by pulling the sled ahead while holding the drilled out parts. I think if you pulled by the center you would be ok.

Back