• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Subframe straightening

I am wondering if anyone on here has straightened a subframe or know of someone who does. I feel like it is a waste buying a brand new one and rather just fix the one I have. Let me know what you guys think

You can straighten it by installing a strap on upper and lower a arms and pull in opposite directions.... It will bend again and most likely with a lot less impact.

sonds said:
You can straighten it by installing a strap on upper and lower a arms and pull in opposite directions.... It will bend again and most likely with a lot less impact.

this is what confuses me.....how would you know which arm is being bent. which one is most likely to move easiest ?

bk

I was hoping to find someone who made a jig for it and could bring it back to original specs then weld in support

I have the subframe off the machine because I was going to buy a new one and just now decided to fix the old one :o| Is there any way you know of to fix it off the sled

not that i know of have to do it on the sled only way i know of it would be hard to make a jig 4 it , i just put a new one on and didnt mess with trying to fix it then welded in grizz plates :Rockon:

I have one if you want it

I have a used sub frame in my garage if you want it. I rode up onto a rock out cropping 2 years ago in the Upper Penn of Michigan. The frame is not bent at all but the bottom, right tube is scrached-pushed in from rubbing on the rock.

I made an insurance claim because the machine was still brand new and the bottom plastic was pretty torn up. They gave me the old one after the repair.

Let me know.

Aaron
313 999-9691

Back