• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Super Q

BryanK410

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX
Installed my Super Q on my Apex the other day.
I ordered the black ceramic coated one and it looked good when I opened it up. Only thing is the only part of this exhaust you see is the turn outs which you rivet on at the end but the ones they sent were polished! Still looks good but not what I was expecting.
Maybe their jig for welding these up is beat up after all these years because I had a few issues. It was a pain to get it to fit into the Y-pipes and I ended up having to drop the entire skid to get the room to get at it to get it to line up (Getting skid back in was a pain too but got that figured out good now for next time lol) I had to do a lot of trimming on the heat shield to get it to fit, more than just the one spot the instructions listed. Then when came to putting the few plastic pieces on back of seat nothing would line up and seems like the exhaust was sitting too low. Ended up using 3 stainless washers under each of the 4 mounts to raise it to correct height. If I did this in beginning I think I would of saved a lot of trimming on the heat shield. Then the brackets for mounting the black end caps on end of exhausts were in wrong position and caps would of been half inch farther back than butting up snug where they should be. Anyway I got that sorted out too.
So terrible install but I've read other posts saying its quick and easy so maybe guy who welded this one up had a bad day or the the jig fell off the shelf lol. Its definitely a lot lighter than the stock exhaust. It does have a nice sound to it but not all that different than with just the cold air intake at idle. Higher up in the RPM its a lot sharper and sounds good but hard to tell with my helmet on riding. Need to get one of buddies to take it for a rip to really tell lol. Should get louder as it burns out.

Last edited:

Back