• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway bar disconect

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
How does a sidewinder handle on trails with sway bar disconnected? I'm riding a 17 btx se. I assume I will want to bump up the ski shock pressure. Anyone have a good starting point.

Heading to Colorado next week. will be mostly off-trail riding but don't want to rollover on the trails getting to the play spots

Just about 10 plus sleds I ride with and just about ever one has the sway bar removed or disconnect. I've never seen a sled tip over on the trail due to a sway bar delete. MTX' s don't even have a sway bar and they have no trouble on the trails. I recommend disconnecting one sway bar link on either side and try it you'll quickly see the sled becomes much more compliant off Trail and still very drivable on the trail. You will notice a bit more body roll on tight trail corners but it's very manageable. As far as shock air pressure I would start with what you have now it'll probably be pretty close just depends how you ride. Have fun out west.

I rode with out a sway bar in tight twisty trails and it actually made the sled more fun to drive as it was truly a independent suspension, fun seeing the ski tips absorbing bumps at different rates and not feeling it in the bars. I did have to slow down but I didn't feel it was 'slow' or that I would tip over. Just slightly less crazy in the corners especially at first. Maybe throw 5lbs extra on each shock up front and go have fun!

Im sure it works just fine as long as you have airshox. The coils less so as they go way to soft and sled gets nose heavy in the snow.

Back