• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway Bar

booxr800

Pro
I have been doing some searching but didn't find the answer I was looking for. The last sled I had was a Pro XR 800 and it didn't even come with a sway bar and I did alot of trail riding with it a loved it. My ? is has anyone removed it yet from there xtx? How did it handle on trail? I know backcountry riding there would be some handleing gains it would definitly roll side to side better in the deep powder we all love to play in.

I removed mine (wasn't easy) and it was the best thing I did to the sled. Tracks way better through the rough stuff, less pitching in rough corners and lost 3.5 lbs off the front end. A bit more roll in smooth fast corners but it is predicable and once you get used to it, it's not an issue.

Flatlander SE said:
I removed mine (wasn't easy) and it was the best thing I did to the sled. Tracks way better through the rough stuff, less pitching in rough corners and lost 3.5 lbs off the front end. A bit more roll in smooth fast corners but it is predicable and once you get used to it, it's not an issue.
What all is involved in removing the sway bar?

On my pro xr I used to fly through the corners on one ski most of the time. Like you said just had to get used to it. I am really thinking about removing mine.

Well finally got to go ride with the sway bar removed and my new powder hounds. I really like it in a nice hard packed trail it really rips around the corners. But yesterday we me the groomer on the trail and the soft corners really slowed me down. And out on a lake with a couple feet of powder I really had to work to get it to turn lots of body roll. I just have the stock shocks alot of mtn guys run the floats once they remove the swaybar maybe thats my next investment.

To test what the sled will handel like w/out the bar just remove the sway bar link on one side and go ride, you can also try this on the trail w/out too much trouble.

What I've found is that in powder or side hilling its way better w/ the bar unhooked, on the trail its o.k w/out the bar in slower situations, if you like to ride fast in any conditions the bar hooked up gives better stability.

mj

mjaremko said:
To test what the sled will handel like w/out the bar just remove the sway bar link on one side and go ride, you can also try this on the trail w/out too much trouble.

What I've found is that in powder or side hilling its way better w/ the bar unhooked, on the trail its o.k w/out the bar in slower situations, if you like to ride fast in any conditions the bar hooked up gives better stability.

mj
X2

You guys see any problem with just unhooking the sway bars to take a ride out west and then putting it back together when I return? I was thinking about doing this. Just wanna check if its gonna wreck something... besides the obvious problem of hooking something and bending the sway bar when its not hooked up. Thanks

I rode mine quite a bit with one side disconected, was a bit worried it could catch something, best thing to do is test it out to see what you think, if you like it better disconected then remove the bar permanantly.

mj

Back