• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Swedish RX1 MCXpress rear mount mountain riders

I think Hooper switched to the rear mount this year or at least was talking about it.

MC-Xpress themselves have a mountain version.
24/38 gearing,9-tooth extros.No idea about the clutch setup.
According to Erik its stock weights with the heaviest rivets and some more "welding"on the weights.
Not sure about how that will work.Welding where and how much?!

I need to talk to you,I need you to talk to Eric or someone from MCX,and I think my point will get lost in the translation.PM me if you can help me out.Lincoln

My problem is that i hit the rev limiter. I have stock weights with heaviest rivets, 24/39 (revers), 8 tooth extros, helix and spring from the short version of rx1 and softer primary spring. I will try doing some welding somewere on the tip to bring the rpm down.

I think the problem is they don't ride in the mountains too much.......except at some times in the spring. All their set up is sea level spec. That is why our sepc and the scandinavian spec is so different
CM

mforare said:
My problem is that i hit the rev limiter. I have stock weights with heaviest rivets, 24/39 (revers), 8 tooth extros, helix and spring from the short version of rx1 and softer primary spring. I will try doing some welding somewere on the tip to bring the rpm down.

I would go with a lower force primary spring first to drop the rpm's. It is alot easier and more reliable than welding weights. The odds of getting the weights the same are slim and you don't want the clutch out of balance at those rpm's. You could also go with an old style short spring to lower your rpm 's. A second option would be to go with a higher angle helix. You are running a 51-43. Try a helix that ends with 47 or higher.

Back