• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Switched To Apex

I was Polaris for years.
A couple years ago my bud gota RX-1...put some miles on and loved the pull and sound..16 mpg is pretty good also..not to mention buying all that oil.
So I started looking...almost bought a left over 08 Apex LTX.
Out of the blue my nephew calls me,him and his bud are at a dealer trying to trade the buds 06 Apex RTX.
Long story short..I bought it sight unseen for 3,700.
2,000 miles..I have one 125 mile ride on tug hill with it.
It just got the bigboy spring( he weighs 280) and the multi stack revalve done in the fall.

Well the thing thrwe me all over the place...spring on low...it helped when I set the shock on hard..slowed the rebond some I guess.
It was darting all over the place...but high speed in the ruff wasent bad.

I'm sure once I switch the spring back it will be better.
I have been reading the threads on the pipe trick...wheels ...warmers..all those things...great stuff in here.
The pull at mid is unreal..its addicting to say the least.
So i just wanted to say Hi and it looks like a great site.
My last sled was a mod storm with a edge skid..its still fun..but this Yammy 4s is the nuts.
Tried to add a few pics..but didnt work.

Welcome and congratulations on that smoking deal. Once you get this sled set up for you and your style you will be more in love with it. It is so nice to just gas and go. Don't forget to check the oil once in a while. :4STroke:

bashley said:
Welcome and congratulations on that smoking deal. Once you get this sled set up for you and your style you will be more in love with it. It is so nice to just gas and go. Don't forget to check the oil once in a while. :4STroke:

I guess I should have added that I only weigh maybe 165 in gear.
I'm 52 but still like to kick it once in awhile..show the young whiper snappers how its done..lol.

speaking of checking the oil..I had a hard time screwing that funky sitck back in ..is that normal..it seemed like the big bottom part was bottoming out,making it hard to go in straight.

I was forever Polaris myself. Loved my XC700. Went riding with a buddy and his 08 LTX GT. He made me ride it and I fell in love in about 3 miles. I traded the Polaris in 2 days later and have never looked back. I picked up an 07 Attack GT leftover. I had to stud it because I felt the sled was dangerous without them, especially with the engine break. Let off the gas and the #*$&@ end would swing out in certain conditions. And with the power this sled has, it would break loose in the corners too easy. 108 studs up the middle did the trick for me. I also changed the skis to the Simmons Flexi-Ski. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Best investment you can make. No more darting, riding at 90mph with one hand. Corners awesome with them. Good luck man you will be happy with a few changes to it.

Rappa said:
I was forever Polaris myself. Loved my XC700. Went riding with a buddy and his 08 LTX GT. He made me ride it and I fell in love in about 3 miles. I traded the Polaris in 2 days later and have never looked back. I picked up an 07 Attack GT leftover. I had to stud it because I felt the sled was dangerous without them, especially with the engine break. Let off the gas and the #*$&@ end would swing out in certain conditions. And with the power this sled has, it would break loose in the corners too easy. 108 studs up the middle did the trick for me. I also changed the skis to the Simmons Flexi-Ski. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Best investment you can make. No more darting, riding at 90mph with one hand. Corners awesome with them. Good luck man you will be happy with a few changes to it.
Pretty sure I'm going to stud also,noticed just what you're talking about.
The engine braking takes awhile to get used too...but I kinda like it now.

Did the studs give you a better hook up at a dead stop..could you really tell a big differance?

<<<Did the studs give you a better hook up at a dead stop..could you really tell a big differance?>>>

I remember when you first did that Edge conversion... was still getting it sorted out.

Just wondering if you've checkd out your transfer adjustment - to see if you couldn't get a little more?

$3,700? Did they insist on cash only and did it have a title lol.......Just kidding. Great deal ;)! I assume the guy only charged you what he was offered on trade.
Welcome to the site :rocks:

Mighty said:
$3,700? Did they insist on cash only and did it have a title lol.......Just kidding. Great deal ;)! I assume the guy only charged you what he was offered on trade.
Welcome to the site :rocks:

They wanted to give him 3,500 on a new 4-wheeler..so I gave him 3,700 to make it worth his while..I kinda know the guy...hes got more money the brains if you know what I mean.
Any one on here do a air wave on one yet?

Welcome to TY4S. Pipe mod worked good for me. You could even try a Dooly on one ski for better traction but less push in soft snow. Also SkiDoo pilots are getting real popular with Apex riders. Gonna try Pilots on my next Apex. $3700 I woulda bought it too! Damn I hope I can find that good a deal this summer.

Hey capt, welcome, bought time you got off the HCS site and that pink storm,lol. I have a 06 GT and love the ride. Make sure you don't talk about your dilly thing or any of that or you will get booted off this site fast............Brian

rrxx-1 said:
Hey capt, welcome, bought time you got off the HCS site and that pink storm,lol. I have a 06 GT and love the ride. Make sure you don't talk about your dilly thing or any of that or you will get booted off this site fast............Brian

Now you got me guessing who you are...I lknow its not brian55lvr..I'm stumped :o|
I hang on hcs way too much..need to broaden my horizans some.
Also need to figure out how to get spell check on here..lol.
Still keeping the Storm tho..ongoing project..you know how it is I'm sure.

Storm, you interested in selling that BIG BOY spring?? PM me and let me know I am interested in it. How old is it?

Sleddah

sleddah said:
Storm, you interested in selling that BIG BOY spring?? PM me and let me know I am interested in it. How old is it?

Sleddah
I should try the stock spring to be sure..but I only weigh maybe 165 geared up ,so I'm thinking I might as well give someone a deal on it.
I dont know what thier worth..I would take half.
The spring dosent have 300 miles on it..thats what the guy told me...put it in this past fall...still wasent happy and picked up a 600rr...they must be a stiff sled to hold up his 280 lbs...lol.

Back