• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Systemic SNO Check problem

fatchance

Lifetime Member
The problem with this SNO Check is that any smuch can reserve a sled with a $500 deposit and it's fully refundable. Comm'n Yamaha. Let's get rid of the orders that will never follow through and give credit to the loyal customers. It should be $2k down non refundable!

Cat still shows availability on the 9000 Riot and 9000 RR's. The 9000 RR has the 4 Kashima coated coated QS3-R's as well. Best shock out there for this chassis. Both look really awesome too. IMO the Riot is the best looking sled out for 2024, the RR a close second for looks.

Cat still shows availability on the 9000 Riot and 9000 RR's. The 9000 RR has the 4 Kashima coated coated QS3-R's as well. Best shock out there for this chassis. Both look really awesome too. IMO the Riot is the best looking sled out for 2024, the RR a close second for looks.

Mike your right on there, but as I found you're gonna pay a premium to get that package. $24k. It amazes me that Yami's sold out within a minute and you can still order the Cats. To me it says that Arctic Cat has given the big middle finger to Yamaha to have the ability to produce far more units, or they have made such a bad name for themselves they just can't sell anymore? Which is it?

From a brand value perspective, Yamaha carries far more weight than Cat. While I have noticed more 998 cats in the last year the volume of winders is still 4-5x as many on the trails.. or maybe the cats just don't stand out but I see far more winders which would imply higher demand and if yamaha has fewer units then its no mystery why they sold out.

From a brand value perspective, Yamaha carries far more weight than Cat. While I have noticed more 998 cats in the last year the volume of winders is still 4-5x as many on the trails.. or maybe the cats just don't stand out but I see far more winders which would imply higher demand and if yamaha has fewer units then its no mystery why they sold out.
3 to 1 in upper Michigan.. Yamaha sidewinder to Thunder.

It's more than that and I don't think it sits well with some(not all) of the top brass at Cat or Cat dealers.
As I posted here before I heard it first hand right from a cat dealer in northern Ontario a couple years ago.
I asked him what he thought of the Yama-Cat arrangement and he told me "I wish Yamaha would just f-off"
I asked why and he replied that when it comes to the 998's, Yamaha out sells Cat 10 to 1.

The Cat dealer less than three miles from me had a 2023 T-Cat sitting on the showroom floor all season.

It's more than that and I don't think it sits well with some(not all) of the top brass at Cat or Cat dealers.
As I posted here before I heard it first hand right from a cat dealer in northern Ontario a couple years ago.
I asked him what he thought of the Yama-Cat arrangement and he told me "I wish Yamaha would just f-off"
I asked why and he replied that when it comes to the 998's, Yamaha out sells Cat 10 to 1.

Thats what a strong brand will do for you. Yamaha has a super strong brand, much bigger than cat, polaris, and doo combined. Which makes their choices sometimes hard to understand. While I am sure the cat dealers aren't happy about that I bet it doesn't bother cat corporate very much.

Ya but they only build a motor, ac could get another motor built for turbo sleds, it coming, then what?

Thats what a strong brand will do for you. Yamaha has a super strong brand, much bigger than cat, polaris, and doo combined. Which makes their choices sometimes hard to understand. While I am sure the cat dealers aren't happy about that I bet it doesn't bother cat corporate very much.
Yep.

My 1 order confirmation is in the 2300s so I thought that was actually an impressive # of builds. LtX GT

The Thundercat name carries a lot of baggage - it's meant many different things over the years. Sidewinder is a new name and only means one thing to people. What you call something matters.

Back