• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tail Light?

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
Does anyone have a fix for the tail light getting covered with snow and not melting? I had several complaints from people riding behind me that they could not see my light because the light was covered.

Jeez...nothing? Well, I'm going to resurrect this and ask the same thing. My problem is the same, but worse: someone before me went with an LED aftermarket and relocated the brake/running light. The only problem is the running light doesn't work and I hear about it a lot. LED strip? Wiring ideas? Help.

The problem is the rear exiting exhaust. The exhaust melts snow dust and with the LED tail light located behind the muffler output it settles back on the light. A filament type bulb that produces more heat might help a little but I don't believe there is a good fix. Hand signals are always helpful.

I have the same problem on my Xtx Nytro. What about running a 90* elbow on the exhaust down into the tunnel ? Will that help eliminate the icing around tail light? Or make more problems somewhere else?

search tail light fixes maybe.. Myself iput a red light bar across back of tunnel. sorry have no pics.

I found my block off plate in the tunnel significantly reduces the degree it gets covered with snow and ice. But in the end it still gets coated.
MS

I put these led lights on my xtx

Attachments

• IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 382
looks like the one on the rear of my 2013 united enclosed trailer. brother ran one like it on his 2004 rx war mod and it survived his wreck of that sled.

I have the same as todd takes about an an hour to do and you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner ad to that an exhaust turn out and I mount a 2gal kloppin (blue one matches well) tank and a tool box on the back and have storage and range to boot

Hey there, I just purchased a low mileage 2013 XTX and would love to do this. Can you please send me some more details on how you accomplished this. Did you add another piece of aluminum overtop to cover existing mount-hole. I also have an 2009 FX Nytro with tons of mileage and the existing taillight is a #*$&@ design. Can't believe they didn't fix that on the newer models. Thanks

I found my block off plate in the tunnel significantly reduces the degree it gets covered with snow and ice. But in the end it still gets coated.
MS
My SB block off plate did the same, no complaints after I installed it... Some dusting only in snowy conditions.

Back