• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tailight & Hose Options? Removing Rack...

Mtn-Track

Extreme
What are you guys doing with the stock T/L and hose covers when removing the rear rack? Aftermarket, custom mount, or....?

I just picked up an '07 SE with 700mi and the rack needs to go. Thanks.

I ditched my stock rack and installed a parker rack. I just left the hoses exposed. That was 2 yrs ago and 3000kms of tree riding and no problems. If your worried about the hoses getting torn open you can replace with braided steel lines. I dont think its needed though.

I removed my stock rack and left the hoses exposed. I left the plastic that sits on the top of the tunnel. It's held on with the Yamaha tie down rings that screw into the top of the tunnel. I got a small led tail light from SLP and mounted it on the plastic piece just above the snow flap. The plastic piece on top of the tunnel covers the wires to the tail light. ;)!

like this?
led2.jpg

led3.jpg

So this is what I ended up with. Used the stock light that is now mounted to the tunnel, through the plastic, using the original screws....

Attachments

• Misc 002.jpg
    Misc 002.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Misc 003.jpg
    Misc 003.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 73
  • Misc 004.jpg
    Misc 004.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 72

Back