• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tallest bar riser on Yamaha Attak

drfbuster

Extreme
Can someone please tell me what the tallest riser is i can add to an Attak without longer cables? Also any suggestions on the best riser? Maybe adjustable.

You can go 2 inches taller I purchased the lake effect riser it is the best I have seen and i'm very happy with it .

I have an Apex Mountain riser + a 2" Powermadd stacked on top of it yet.

It's probably 8-9" total rise now. I could measure it if you want to know exact height. It's right at the limit.

I can full lock steering right & left without the throttle pulling, but the cable is snug. BUT... my TORS is bypassed. I wouldn't go this high with it still connected, or I'd bet it would set the TORS off.

The worst part of my swap was ordering custom bolts from Fastenall... $12 EACH!!! $48 Mother F-ING dollars just for the bolts.

But, being over 6' tall, it's nice to stand without hunching over.

I raised the handlebars 4" over stock on my '08 Vector, then installed longer cables from a Vector mountain. Don't be afraid to put longer cables on. Yamaha OEM cables are relatively cheap and super easy to change out. The most expensive was a new brake line at $38.00.

07 Attak GT and I put a 2.5 inch Lake effects pivot riser on with stock cables. At 6'3" I could use another inch but can stand up on it with out too much trouble.

northernsledder.jk said:
I raised the handlebars 4" over stock on my '08 Vector, then installed longer cables from a Vector mountain. Don't be afraid to put longer cables on. Yamaha OEM cables are relatively cheap and super easy to change out. The most expensive was a new brake line at $38.00.

x2. I was surprised at how easy it was to change out the throttle cable on my Attak.

Back