• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TEST REPORT PREPRODUCTION YAMAHAS

rvtransport

Veteran
I had the opertunity to ride the preproduction yamahas in Hurly WI yesterday! I have read alot of your specalation on new apex and I can defently add some good info to your specalation! first of all it is about half apex. The rear tunnel and front suspention is all apex. front spindels are changed and extention on rear of tunnel is extended for what I think is a 128 to 134 inch track. When I peaked through vent holes ( we where not allowed to lift hood) the main alum delta box beam that is solid alum on old apex is now webbed! The motor is a 4 cylinder ( I looked under tunnel 4 exhaust pipe header) and it is the smoothest quick reving motor I have ever rode! We had a 2010 apex and xtx to ride to switch off on to feel difference. When I first hopped on new sled it felt alot like apex untill I revved motor I new it was not my apex motor but the most impressive thing on this sled was the steering! All you guys saying the powersteering is not a game changer you have to ride one before you say any more! I too was sceptical on the idea but it is the best handling lightest feeling sled I have ever rode! Yes I have rode XP and twin spar cat and before now out performed yamahas in handling and ride. Not no more in my opnion. I am a Hp guy have turboed apex, big bore srxs, and was really hoping for hudge HP gains! It is not hudge but will out run 2010 apex ( opps was not suposed to say that) but we proved that and the new sleds clutching was off in my opnion pulls up to only 9k rpm and then slowly pulled to 10k. The 10 apex was spot on pulling 10200 to 10400. The new motor seems to pull harder down low? I could go on and on But in my opnion yamaha did build a game changer and power steering is the answer! And yes the hand warmers work and it does have new skiies and excellent wind protection. I will post pics as soon as i figure out how to get off phone!

MadMax said:
How do you guys rate riding the new sleds ?????????? Must be nice... MM.
A little bird told me that the riders were selected from people who responded to a 3rd party survey conducted last fall.

Not sure if it was a telephone, mail, email or whatever survey but this sure changed my mind about blowing them off.

I'm going to answer them all going forward. ;)!

I guess they didn't like my ideas........ Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I mean painting them yellow to handle better sounded good to me............... :tg: :-o MM.

hmm looks like yam hit on a lot of things ppl have been whining about..

more power.. check
lighter.. check
new skis.. check
lighter steering.. check
handwarmers.. check
wind protection.. check

chevmal67 said:
hmm looks like yam hit on a lot of things ppl have been whining about..

more power.. check
lighter.. check
new skis.. check
lighter steering.. check
handwarmers.. check
wind protection.. check

well said....but you know you'll never make everyone happy....
people will say things like...
"we want more POWER in the POWER steering...wtf yamaha? give us what we want!!!" :tg:

Any luck with pictures? The ones I've seen so far are not all the same sled, and they are not exactly the same. More pics are better.

I found an article that speaks to the power steering EPS? on snowmobile.com and it seems to be quite detailed. Now, I don't know if other models will be unveiled but with respect to more details about the changes to the feel, read the article: Yamaha unveils EPS.

Sorry, my phone is not set up to receive texts, just don't use then so we had it blocked. I did take a picture off my phone a while back, had to move it from the phone internal memory to the memory card, then used a micro SD card reader to transfer then to my computer. Then you have to figure out how to post pictures on the site, I have not done that either. Not much help I guess. I will have to wait.

Back