• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tether switch

Fasttrax

Veteran
I want to install after market tether on my 17 winder. Can anyone tell me the color of the two wires going to the kill switch? I'm just going to tie into them. Thanks

Just following them. You can cut the zip ties and then follow.

Interested in this too, wish I could still find someone with a harness.

You can buy the tether kit from Yamaha. The instructions say there is a 2-wire harness to connect to on the exhaust side close to the ROV... but I haven’t been able to find it on my buddy’s 2018 LTX

Put one on my 2017 ZR9000 Ltd. Plugs into main harness that connects handlebars to engine harness. Right above cylinder 1-2, main harness.

Thanks for the replies but I have a ProArmor switch with two wires coming off it. I want to tie into the two wires going to the kill switch....anyone know the colors?? There are about a dozen wires in that harness and I dont want to take my kill switch apart.

Follow the two wires that come from the kill switch. You will have to cut the material used around them. Usually its zipped tied. My sled isn't here but I think one is brown but there may be more than just one for other items. That's why I would follow it.

Like Bob said, there is a factory plug located under the tank shroud, just to the left of the fuel cap. My 19 was pre wired for a tether. I also bought the Cat magnetic tether. Super easy instal.

There is no plug on my 2018 SW BTX !!! How do I install the Cat Magnetic tether ???

I a regular (not magnetic) tether to my '17 TCat. Bought a tether kit from Cat and installed it myself into the OEM harness just underneath the handlebar area. Installation directions were good. Had to remove several pins from that large rectangular connector. Worked great.

Anybody have part numbers for regular or magnetic tether!

5639-860
Arctic Cat Safety Tether Switch - 2012-2017 ZR F XF M 4-Stroke

I think this is standard one. I didn't see a magnetic one for 2017.

Back