• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

THE DREADED LINK, & OTHER BREAKAGE

Isthatahemi

Expert
Well I guess most of us Phazer owners are going to have the link in the front of the skidframe let go. As well, when it gets "repaired", unless it's the new billet link,and associated parts, it doesn't last. Please post if you had the link fail, mileage, and the type of riding when it failed. As well please post how long the repair lasted. Maybe Yamaha will extend warranty on this part, or pro-activly replace them before others get stranded. Clearly this is a design issue.
As well there seems to be an issue with reduction drive gear failures. Please post breakage only in this thread. Thanx and good luck.
Mine:
Link - 1200 miles, 1800, 2500 (approx)
Starter clutch / reduction drive - 3200

Mine went last year with 800 miles and the repaired one failed at 800.5 can't get the old style though I'm told I should have the 08 style somtime in january maybe... Here's a pick for those that don't know where the link is. It is the first bolt you see behind coilover shock. Just look for the rust ...

Attachments

• PC170134.JPG
    PC170134.JPG
    377.9 KB · Views: 188
barnstormer said:
Mine went last year with 800 miles and the repaired one failed at 800.5 can't get the old style though I'm told I should have the 08 style somtime in january maybe... Here's a pick for those that don't know where the link is. It is the first bolt you see behind coilover shock. Just look for the rust ...

My daughter's broke at 300 miles alon with a friend of mine. His broke at 500 miles or so. There's no question that a problem exist.

Mine broke on the last ride of last season in late March '07. I had 1825 miles on it. Luckily I got mine in to replace it before they run out of the updated parts.

3200 km and it broke for my 18 year old daughter, man SHE MUST DRIVE CRAZY! Hope my dealer is open on boxing day. The sled is not issue free but sure fun to ride. Hopefully we can get the bugs out of these phazers this year.

Merry Christmas and great sleddin in 08

:rocks:

My FX has been at dealer for two weeks during prime December snow for the link. They just told me it will be atleast a month before they get the parts to send me back out. Not sure what I'm gonna do? Maybe my dealer can just keep it.

Have the dealer weld it, it will hold for a while if done right. As for the repair kit I bet they are becoming more availibe. I Finaly got mine as posted in another thread. At worst if it is still under warranty I would think you could get yamaha for failure to provide service and quite frankly I think you would be able to get your money back on the sled.

Just broke mine today, and the guy I ride with, His broke also. Mine had 700 miles his had 900.
I dont care if its waranty But my buddy dont have much money think His will be. He just bought it a month ago??

Just a thought to throw out there, I have a MTN Lite and weigh 280Lbs. with all my gear. The rear suspension was so soft I put blocks from a touring sled on to stiffen the rear (to cheap to spend $300.00 on new ones). I don't know how to attatch the link of my thread I did on this.

My thought is this for you guys with the trail version sleds. Could it be because you have gas shocks that it is absorbing most of the blow to LINK. Because the torsion springs are so soft. I have cased some seriously hard stuff and have not had an issue yet. Stumps and stuff with a little superman action not originally intended.

Yet another failure

Mine just broke at about 1350 miles. Dealer said part was back ordered. I sure hope this gets resolved quickly. My warranty ran out last month but Yamaha said being so close in dates, they should be able to cover the cost. Wish me luck.

My dealer originally told me end of January was the eta on this kit to fix the broken link. They then called me later to say Yamaha is supplying these on a limited basis for true urgent requirements. Price is in the $500.00 range per my dealer. My sled broke about 1 week out of warranty and dealer told me Yamaha will pay for parts but I am responsible for labor. I plan to again contact Yamaha customer support to see first hand if this is the best they will offer. If Yamaha wasn't paying for the parts, I would buy the link kit available at www.hygearsuspension.com

Back