• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

They don't call it a shiitspreader for nothing

TD Max

Lifetime Member
Cannondale coinded the phrase after riding behind it in normal mid season conditions. Knowing this I chose to run at the rear of the pack at Munising in the wet sloppy conditions. I have the hand guard mirrors which let me see a little bit of what is going on behind me. What I thought I saw was more of a foggy plume.

On Saturday just the two of us rode and I lead. She had ridden behind numerous sleds the day before as did I. There would be the variable side plume out one side or another, but nothing major. Easy enough to ride offset and avoid it. Riding behind me on Saturday she said that she needed to stay way back behind the plume and there was no avoiding it by riding offset. No tail light to be seen just a giant wall of slop. She said it's more like a jet ski plume from a couple running side by side. It was too late by the time I thought to mount my GoPro to the rear.

Have a look at what the snow flap looks like and it doesn't drag the ground. Aren't they supposed to curve more forward than this? :confused:

IMG_4495.JPG

Last edited:

Yeah TD, nobody wants to follow me either. I mounted a my phone to my back, it's a wall of marbles being throw at the person behind me.

When I went to wash the Renegade I saw the evidence in chips to the shield, hood, lights, etc. Looked like it was chipped by stones.

And no I have no intentions of changing it at this point.

My brothers sled is all chipped up, he's the only one that follows me. But even at that he drops way behind me to protect his sled. I still get him every now and again though.

You should see the wall of mini snowballs a 3 inch paddle 162 spreads! Most of it out the sides.

Joe sometimes drops back a good 2to 3 hundred feet. The thing shoots it so high and so far back that at high speeds it still hits him because he drives into it. It sounds crazy but it's true.

You should see the wall of mini snowballs a 3 inch paddle 162 spreads! Most of it out the sides.

Cannondale said he thought NOSPRO thew the stuff with his 2.25 and minimalistic flap, but that was before he rode behind me...

I usually slow down when meeting oncoming, but with the braapfest going on at Muni and getting laid full numerous times I based my strategy on how the oncomer acted towards me. Sufficed to say I was pinned as I passed some of them...

I believe the 2-300 feet as that is what it looks like in the mirrors, but I wasn't sure

Last edited:
Wow! I love reading through this section I'm never disappointed on the amount of knit picking and complaining about this sled and chassis that goes on here. If you dont like the snow flap buy a new one Problem solved.
(Edit)Im not Bashing just saying

Around here we ether remove them or cut them down because they're always in the way
IMG_4412_zpswteb3o18.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I love reading through this section I'm never disappointed on the amount of knit picking and complaining about this sled and chassis that goes on here. If you dont like the snow flap buy a new one Problem solved. :bash:

Around here we ether remove them or cut them down because they're always in the way
IMG_4412_zpswteb3o18.jpg

Agreed!

10615572_944074735616619_3327532517731186100_n.jpg

A little bit of movement going on back here. Not sure how to fix that. It seems so stout when you grab ahold of it. Looks like just the outer rivets anyhow.

IMG_4499.JPG

Somebody oopsed when assembling :rolleyes:

IMG_4500.JPG

Wow thats a good one. I would say for the amount of shiit you spread maybe a strip of aluminum over the top of flap and under the rivets should keep it on.

Back