• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Racing

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
Does anyone have any experience with racing a 600 or 800 in a short or long race? if so, how did the 1049 make out.
Here is my real world experience.
My buddy has a Cat 2019 6000 and his son has a 2018 8000 Cat, I lined them up with my 2015 7000. We decided on a 1/2 mile race on a frozen river with 6" of snow.
My 7000 took a slight lead off of the start and by the 1/4 mile the 8000 started to pull me a bit and had a slight lead at the 1/2 mile mark. When we backed off the 6000 was only two sled lengths behind. I was happy that my 7000 performed as good as it did against the 2 smoke screamers

Hard to believe that no one has any race experience with the 2 smokes listed. Don't be ashamed if you got beat. The 1049 is not a speed demon but is hard to beat in a short drag race and one of the funniest motors to when hitting the fun lever after coming out of a corner on the trails

Hi Vmax,

Kind of the quiet time of the year, so people may be on vacation or who knows.

I can say testing these sleds since way before they came out (I was one of the lucky ones who was able to ride the prototypes) I knew the sleds were going to be a good sled....but even better if clutching and little mods could be done.

The Vipers, I have a lot of posts on here about little things I did as I think of the consumer spending a ton of money on their new sleds and then want to make it run better/faster/more reliable without throwing a ton more money to it. In 2013, I received my 4 stroke Viper and didn't like the way my sled engaged or the top speed. Along with the belt dust that really blackened my white tunnel, I knew I needed to do something. My personal Vipers with good clutching, airbox mod, exhaust, synthetic oil and EVO tune made my Viper run up to 112mph. It also ran in the 10's on asphalt. Best part is the sled got 17+mpg while trail riding.

My regular Username is NOS-PRO. You can see all my posts about my Viper(s) on this forum and how I made them faster and way more reliable. The Viper I purchased new stock got beat by the 2 stroke 600 and 800 in long drag races. The sled wasn't the worst out of the hole, but got passed right away.

The 7000's weren't too bad out of the box and yours is what I hear a lot of. Good to hear you are happy with your sled....those engines are pretty awesome!

Just a sidenote, In 2019, we met up with a racer with a stock AC 7000. He races the USXC Cor Powersports classes and can't change much. But he can change clutching. His name is Chad Lian and with prefect clutching, turned his stocker 7000 into a 114mph missile! Which won him many 1st place wins over the last couple years.

Back