• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about..........jumping ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are
I did hear sno cross is going back to the 90s sleds though
They are finding they are faster and handle much better than new sleds
Lol

What a joke

Let’s race down a public trail
Sounds amazing!!

Last edited:

Any fool can see they aren’t bu

That’s why the 2000 SRX was the sled of the year.
The Apex is the most reliable sled ever made period.
Yamaha has always been more reliable than anything built since the 1970’s

I extended an offer to you... bring your brand new $18k cat chassis sled with 250hp even 300hp back up to StGermain, give me a call, I’ll show up with a sled 19 years old and turn my go pro around backwards so everyone can watch you eat snow dust.
The fact your a Pro racer doesn’t scare me at all.
Seriously lower your sled down really low and let’s do this.

Clutchmaster your my hero lol

Yea because you need a snowcross sled to trail ride....... but they look cool! Hey that’s what sells sleds nowadays

You must be young. I’m 38 and I’ve ridden all the piles you mentioned. You couldn’t pay me to ride that #*$&@ down the trail I guess unless it’s a vintage ride!!
Who wants to feel like that after a day of riding. I like to ride 250 to 300 miles a day too.

Is this you

Lots of big jumps on the trails

This is going nowhere because you won’t accept. Plenty of huge wide trails going up to sayner three cars wide. Accept or stop Trolling

Last edited:
You must be young. I’m 38 and I’ve ridden all the piles you mentioned. You couldn’t pay me to ride that #*$&@ down the trail I guess unless it’s a vintage ride!!
Who wants to feel like that after a day of riding. I like to ride 250 to 300 miles a day too.

Is this you

I understand it would be awful embarrassing to get beat by “Johnny “

ClutchMaster, for a guy listed as moderator, you are continuing a personal attack which is not allowed here (I thought)
Time to move on
Yea I’m posting all kinds of bad stuff, claiming he’s the toothless character in videos and what not.
Just asked for a friendly race so I can prove a point, if anyone has been attacked it’s myself.

In the woods the old low center of gravity chassis are much faster.
He is correct. They are also lighter. Have seen the same thing in NW Wisc tight trails.We have gone out with our new stuff of various brands and get caught up to and passed by early 2000 XCXPs and ZRs. If you pour on the coals to try to keep up you will be able to keep up for awhile but you will soon get tired. It is not the same riding as cross country racing. For that type of riding then YES you need a long travel new type sled. But on a tight windy smooth trail it would be very hard to keep up with an older low slung sled. It is a physics thing. It has very little to do with rider ability.

I give up
You win. I have ridden there my whole life there.. There a spots that are tight and some that are wide open. I ride miles and you need suspension for that.

Never heard of lowering shocks I guess for conditions
If you are actually racing down a trail you are an idiot and probly shouldn’t be on one.

With your sidewinder chassis properly set up it will flat out rail in corners.

I raced a 600 in cross country. I could run myself over in the trail there if I was on the 600 compared to the turbo. It’s no comparison. You could corner maybe in spots better but any straight away you lose.

My 2 cents

I thought I was a good rider and faster than most too and then I raced
Bryan Drydahl
Brian Dick(suspension engineer on procross)
Gabe Bunke
Cory Davidson
Ryan Simons
DJ Ekre
Etc etc etc ect

On another level

He is correct. They are also lighter. Have seen the same thing in NW Wisc tight trails.We have gone out with our new stuff of various brands and get caught up to and passed by early 2000 XCXPs and ZRs. If you pour on the coals to try to keep up you will be able to keep up for awhile but you will soon get tired. It is not the same riding as cross country racing. For that type of riding then YES you need a long travel new type sled. But on a tight windy smooth trail it would be very hard to keep up with an older low slung sled. It is a physics thing. It has very little to do with rider ability.

AHhh thank you! Then couple my exceptional rider ability, many years of suspension setup along with custom valved shocks and a 800 Big Bore.......

I give up
You win. I have ridden there my whole life. There a spots that are tight and some that are wide open. I ride miles and you need suspension for that.

Never heard of lowering shocks I guess for conditions
If you are actually racing down a trail you are an idiot and probly shouldn’t be on one.

With your sidewinder chassis properly set up it will flat out rail in corners.

I raced a 600 in cross country. I could run myself over in the trail there if I was on the 600 compared to the turbo. It’s no comparison. You could corner maybe in spots better but any straight away you lose.

My 2 cents

I thought I was a good rider and faster than most too and then I raced
Bryan Drydahl
Brian Dick(suspension engineer on procross)
Gabe Bunke
Cory Davidson
Ryan Simons
DJ Ekre
Etc etc etc ect

On another level

Lots of name dropping going on here, not scared, let’s race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back