• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Adjustment Needed...Help me.

kanadacat

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
Rode my Apex for the first time this year, it has 1000 miles on it and I changed over the updated bars in early December. Anyways I never drove it until last week and as soon as I was on the lake I noticed the machine would drag on when I got off the gas, it was as if the throttle was sticking a little. When I changed over the bars I never touched the cable, simply did the chang over, nothing to it. Anyways I tried both my friends Apex's and their's was fine. When I get off the gas it seems to hesitate before it comes back to zero.

I opened it up thinking maybe I kinked the cable, anyways I loosed the adjustment a little bit figuring it would let the throttle close quickly but it did the same thing when I got back on the lake.

Can someone give me their opinion of what it could be and if possible the proper adjustment specs for the cable and TORS set up.

kanadacat said:
Rode my Apex for the first time this year, it has 1000 miles on it and I changed over the updated bars in early December. Anyways I never drove it until last week and as soon as I was on the lake I noticed the machine would drag on when I got off the gas, it was as if the throttle was sticking a little. When I changed over the bars I never touched the cable, simply did the chang over, nothing to it. Anyways I tried both my friends Apex's and their's was fine. When I get off the gas it seems to hesitate before it comes back to zero.

I opened it up thinking maybe I kinked the cable, anyways I loosed the adjustment a little bit figuring it would let the throttle close quickly but it did the same thing when I got back on the lake.

Can someone give me their opinion of what it could be and if possible the proper adjustment specs for the cable and TORS set up.

Can't say for sure but check out this thread.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... +induction

I still cant figure it out. I have synchronized the throttle bodies, checked all vacuum lines, checked the tps, and even tighnen the return spring of the throttle cable :die . The only thing left is the computer.

Back