• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle response

mtotguy

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Rush 800, 2014 Viper RTX, 1983 Excel 3
My wife says the Phazer throttle is "too touchy" for her. Is there a way to make the throttle less responsive?

I think Schmidt bros. sells a "smooth" clutch kit.

Only way I can think of would be to change the shape of the throttlewheel where cable attaches.Never saw it done on these.Otherwise maybe clutching it under 11000 rpm.Might load it enough to kill the snappiness.Best is to just get her to ride it more.I bet she will get used to it real quick.

yamahas said:
Is it too touchy at engagement or everywhere?

I've noticed that it is a little annoying at slower speeds. I assume that's what she's talking about. My Nytro does the same thing but not as bad.

i have read about a fix, lowering the engagement might help a bumch. I think its just changing the spring in the primary. 10 min job. il try to find the link.

I would say the Ulmer Clutch kit made the Phazer much smoother at low speeds.

I ride with kids a lot, kinda think the "smooth" kit from Schmidt would have been nice to try in hindsight.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=97204

Second paragraph twards the end. might be your fix? Might also have to do a bit of clutch work to get the rpms right on top?

If it is in fact the low end that she dose not like maybe get a hold of ulmer or another clutch guy to get parts and help setting it up right?

Schmidt Bros makes a clutch kit specific to making the throttle response take off at lower speeds way less jerkey its their comfort kit and I think it will do EXACTALLY what you want .

Back