• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thundercat vs Mach Z

Slow998

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Thundercat
Had a chance to run against my brothers new Mach Z with my Thundercat yesterday on the ice. I think it's safe to say that they have a little work to do. All one guy watching from his camp said was "one sled is a lot faster than the other."

Attachments

• Thundercat.jpg
    Thundercat.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 507
  • Mach Z.jpg
    Mach Z.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 519

Where’s the video? You might go viral if you post one. Congratulations by the way. Glad to hear the 998 is still king
I didn't dare get a video. Some of the Doo riders might try to find out where a live and execute me.

i never had any doubts and dont think most do , but without a vid its here say

The nearly 13 second 1/8 mile doesn't raise any red flags for anyone? Actually, all of the Mach Z numbers are somewhat odd.

Ed

All that will happen is they will say you had a tune . You will never win a race on the internet!

I find it hard to believe the Mach Z is that much slower. Something doesn't add up.

Had a chance to run against my brothers new Mach Z with my Thundercat yesterday on the ice. I think it's safe to say that they have a little work to do. All one guy watching from his camp said was "one sled is a lot faster than the other."
But those times don't look like a stock TCAT. There is no way you beat it that bad.

Last edited:
gonna have to wait for big lester to his heads up rolling review

Well.. according to the shootout the Mach Z ran the 660 (1/8th mile) in 6.796 seconds or almost twice as fast as the times posted above and it did that on grass with terrible weight transfer. A 12 second 1/8th mile is slow. Like horrifically slow. Are you sure this was a drag and not a tractor pull :)

excuse my cocktail napkin.

According to the numbers from the shootout, the MACH Z 900R TURBO (because it likes CAPS) did the 660 in 6.76 seconds at 91MPH.
Assuming that it reached 91MPH in 6.76 seconds, and 91MPH was terminal velocity, it ran that speed for the remaining 38.24 seconds covering an additional 1.03 miles in just the remaining 38 seconds.

Last edited:

Back