• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled Mtn. Tamer on trail

Bamboo

Lifetime Member
How do you guys like the trail manners of the Mtn. Tamer. I have a XTX and am wondering if its worth getting. The stock XTX skid had weak torsion springs and tons of sag. I was contemplating new shocks and springs but by the time you add it all up, the complete aftermarket set ups are not much cheaper. I don't mountain ride because of lack of mountains in Ontario but I do spend over 50% of my time off trail in the woods. How adjustable are the fox shocks is the float x option worth it?
I think I spend more time in this forum reading because your guys seem to be more creative with your crazy mods and don't really care about top and speed. Thanks for every ones past posts, I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Happy New Year

Allan

I am interested as well. I have a short track nytro, which i would like to extend and ditch the stock skid. I weighed the stock skid today without the front shock. 60 lbs. However i am concerned with the timbersled not having any wheels. Sliders look like they would wear out real fast on the trails.

i just got my real first test yesterday. on the way back the trail got real nasty. all i have to say is yahoo hammer down i felt nothing from the rear. now the front sucks lol!!

akvector said:
i just got my real first test yesterday. on the way back the trail got real nasty. all i have to say is yahoo hammer down i felt nothing from the rear. now the front sucks lol!!
What size track are you running? I would be looking at a 144. On the trail did you notice the slides burning?

mountain tamer, is phenomenal in bumps, regardless of track size...if you want better trail manners you will just adjust it differently than we do for hills and climbing...

mtdream said:
mountain tamer, is phenomenal in bumps, regardless of track size...if you want better trail manners you will just adjust it differently than we do for hills and climbing...

Awesome.

Just coming from 600 km (375 mi) of test on hard paked snow and I can say only a word

FANTASTIC

I installed also the Barkbuster Front Suspension and Fox Float from the RTX

The sled simply eat each bump or jump.

I set up the sled for a 200 lb rider but I often ride with pasengerS (my wife, the baby and the dog) more than 400 lbs and it still work well

I need to have more setup when i'll install turbo kit but I'm very happy with my purchase and with the customer service given by Allen.

WolfOne said:
Just coming from 600 km (375 mi) of test on hard paked snow and I can say only a word

FANTASTIC

I installed also the Barkbuster Front Suspension and Fox Float from the RTX

The sled simply eat each bump or jump.

I set up the sled for a 200 lb rider but I often ride with pasengerS (my wife, the baby and the dog) more than 400 lbs and it still work well

I need to have more setup when i'll install turbo kit but I'm very happy with my purchase and with the customer service given by Allen.

Thanks WolfOne. Thats just what I was hoping to hear. The Mtn. Tamer in going on my shopping list. I also ride with passengers some time. Wife and or daughter. Its good to know that the air shocks are that adjustable for different weights.
Please keep posting pictures, I just cant get enough of your scenery(and cool looking sled)

Allan

This is my big surprise ...

at that moment I've the suspension setup for turbo hp but the engine is still stock

skis shock 75 psi
limiter straps 7th hole
front Mt Tamer shock 75 psi
rear Mt Tamer shock 150 psi
shims 1/2" down and 1/4" up
in that condition the sled is planted on skis ... it seems unrollable
I rode the sled at 70 mph like a trail sled

incredible but i'm working to have a more tippy sled :tg:

now i'm waiting form my turbo kit and then i'll go whit a better setup for a mountain sled ;)!

Just to say ...

last night, while I was installing OFT axle kit and wheels, I changed the setup to match the stock engine power

skis shock 75 psi
limiter straps 3th hole
front Mt Tamer shock 95 psi
rear Mt Tamer shock 145 psi
no shim on rear arm

This W.E. i'll go to test on trail and - hope - on deep
On monday i'll tell you something ;)!

Back