• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled on Stock Rails is TIGHT

akvector said:
From past experiance with stock rail setup he has plenty of room between the drivers and rails.
mine did anyway
You mind measuring the distance of your front arm, from tunnel mount bolt to rail mount bolt. Just for the front arm.

I am curious if his front arm is for some reason longer then it should.

ruffryder said:
akvector said:
From past experiance with stock rail setup he has plenty of room between the drivers and rails.
mine did anyway
You mind measuring the distance of your front arm, from tunnel mount bolt to rail mount bolt. Just for the front arm.

anybody? Am I asking too much of you guys? Please please please will someone with a nytro and timbersled rear suspension please measure the front arm? Pretty please?

Sorry Ruffy, just took my sled to the shop for a powersports show... I'll measure it tomorrow if nobody gets back to you.

ruffryder said:

Just measured two different sleds. 14-7/8"-15" as best I could tell. Only difference was one was blue and the other was black ;)!

scmurs

scmurs said:
Just measured two different sleds. 14-7/8"-15" as best I could tell.
tomMTX said:
I measured the front arm, its 15" inches bolt to bolt.
Thanks for the help scmurs.. though your measurement was supposed to be less then 14 inches... lol. Well now I am stumped. The arms locate the suspension, as the rear mainly floats with suspension movement. Assuming his tunnel is where it should be (it is stock) this only leaves the track?

Weird stuff. I hope those rail tips don't hit the drivers. eeek!!!

ruffryder said:
scmurs said:
Just measured two different sleds. 14-7/8"-15" as best I could tell.
tomMTX said:
I measured the front arm, its 15" inches bolt to bolt.
Thanks for the help scmurs.. though your measurement was supposed to be less then 14 inches... lol. Well now I am stumped. The arms locate the suspension, as the rear mainly floats with suspension movement. Assuming his tunnel is where it should be (it is stock) this only leaves the track?

Weird stuff. I hope those rail tips don't hit the drivers. eeek!!!

We have seen some strange variances with some tracks. No ryhme or reason. Some shorter than others, some longer. If you can wrap a string or rope around the track in line with the drive windows and let me know the measurement, I can compare that to one of the 153" sleds that we have. It has a Camoplast 2.25" extreme on it.

Let me know.....

Scott

Back