• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

timing key

j-mac

Pro
I was talking to the owner down to woody's yamaha sports yesturday.
I ordered a 3 degree timing key from him. He said this will make the sled
alot stronger. Has any one installed one of these keys? I figured no more than they cost I would give a try. Any feed back?
Thanks, J-MAC

The real cost will be getting it in the engine. What other engine mods have you made? I suspect that you will not gain as much as you are thinking, without doing something else to take advantage of the timing change.

timing

I have done the following.
23/40 gearing and ordered a 22 tooth to install this year
filed down my front clutch so the belt go's higher.
shaved my rear helix
drilled some holes in my air box
changed my spark plugs
Installed dragon fly's and front and back spring
Installed a 1" hacksaw track with 144 picks down center
Pilot skis
Thanks, J-MAC

Waste of time and money Been there done that actually slowed my sled down along with od sheave waste trust me. Why would we have PC111 if this cheap key was all you needed

PC-111 and timing key are two different thing's, PC for fuel, Timing for timing advance. The reason for a Dyno Jet ignition box instead of key is to add more timing at lower rpm and maybe end up at 3 or 4 degree's at WOT. There are not many HP to gain from 3 degree of advance, Maybe 2 to 2.5 hp but adding 6 to 8 degree's low to mid does make a big diff in throttle response. I would recommended a PC-111 with ignition box and air box mod from some one that has put the package together. I had this setup and it does make some nice gain's. You will not notice a 3 degree key alone. Allan Ulmer's (Ulmer Racing) setup is what i had. kviper

So what is every one running for timing? I talked at allen ullmer at haydays and he told me with the ignition mod that he runs 6 degree's the whole way across, So whats the deal?

Back