• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tipped over my phazer

07Nytro

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
None right now
Hello guys, I was riding this weekend and having an AWESOME time. This was my first weekend for riding the phazer. Anyways I was carving around when I flipped it on its side. I wasnt strong enough to flip it over so I had to walk back to the cabin and get my dad to help me. It was on its side for about half on hour, and the engine was not running. When we flipped it back over, it ran fine but the oil light came on. When I got back, it started dripping from undernieth. Some antifreeze and motor oil. Basicly, if I get more oil and antifreeze will my motor be okay?

And one more thing, I filled the tank up to the beggining of the filling neck of gas, and it leaks a tiny bit. Does this happen to everyone?

It was my third weekend riding my PhazerMTX, my first one with enough powder to do some carving, and I flipped it a few times. This thing is a bitch to flip back up when your up to your knees in powder. Mine didnt stay on its side for 30 mins tho but I did get the oil light on wich went away after a few mins.

I had a crazy idea to carry a wood pole and use it to gain leverage to be able to flip it back up. Dont know if anyone tought about that before...

I'm not a mechanic, but with a 4 cycle being tipped up/over/on its side, the oil runs out. Shouldn't you wait a little while and let the oil run back? I flipped my push mower up to tighten the blade, and without thinking, immedetly started it. It kinda looked like a 2 stroke with all the oil and smoke coming out :D

i flip it all the time the phazer as problem with that all the oil goes out the breather hose into the air box and the oil will light will come on just flip back over and let set for a bite and see if light comes on it usually goes out if not u need oil and the sled want run if the light stay on its a safety thing if u are like me and ride hard and roll alot make sure u bring some oil with u it sucks getting pulled back to the truckjavascript:emoticon(':4STroke:')

is oil in the airbox bad? Will I have to clean anything out? Thanks for you help guys

i would say yea if it sat like that for 1/2 hour. as fun as it is , you might not want to ride alone you could get hurt.

Yeah phaze, after this I aint doing anymore freeriding. Do you say ya for cleaning or it being bad?

only thing that is bad about it is that there a air filter in there will soaks the oil up and that needs to be cleaned u can keep riding it but to get good performance out if i would do it

yea you have to clean it. if you dont itll get pulled into carb and spit and sputter.

freeridin is awesome you just have to learn where you can go and where you shouldnt. its better with a buddy cause theres safety in numbers. and of course the ribbing that takes place is good too.

well i drove it about half a km after. should I clean it or buy a whole new one?

I would just clean out your air box and the foam filter real good. Make sure everything is dry before putting it all back together and you should be good to go.

You can tip the Phazers so far before oil starts to run out the breather into the airbox. If I'm working in the garage on the sled and I have it tipped on it's side, I need to brace the handlebar end so that the back corner of the track near the idler wheels just touches the floor and it will be no problem. If you tip the sled so it's 90 degrees to the floor, the airbox will get oil in it.

It's no big deal, just take the airbox case out and clean it out with some carb clean, but don't get carb clean on the rubber flange gasket that seals the lid. Then make sure your oil is topped-off and you're good to go.

You can tip the Phazers so far before oil starts to run out the breather into the airbox. If I'm working in the garage on the sled and I have it tipped on it's side, I need to brace the handlebar end so that the back corner of the track near the idler wheels just touches the floor and it will be no problem. If you tip the sled so it's 90 degrees to the floor, the airbox will get oil in it.

It's no big deal, just take the airbox case out and clean it out with some carb clean, but don't get carb clean on the rubber flange gasket that seals the lid. Then make sure your oil is topped-off and you're good to go.

Back