• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TIPPY

SharkAttak

TY 4 Stroke God
is there something i can do to stop the tippyness on the phazer fx? when you go corner to corner it always feels like it going to flip over

my wife just put 250 miles on hers in Quebec on good flat trails and hated it due to it tippyness. I rode it for 50 miles and was not impressed with it handling either. GOING ON EBAY today.

You can change the sway bar. The GT, corners much better. Partially it's getting used to riding it. Once you get the hang of how the sled reacts it handles very good.

How I improved the tippiness on our FX
The FX sits 1" higher than the GT with its shock package. Need to get the machine sitting lower.
I reduced the spring pressure on both the front shocks and the front shock of the rear skid. Mine came from the dealer with the spring pressure set very high. Softening these spring pressures let the shocks sag some lowering the machine and centre of gravity.
Rode the machine on trails significant improvement but still a bit tippy.
Then I turned the clickers 2 clicks harder on the front shocks. This stiffens up the front end more.
The machine now handles way better and safer.
Like many of you I bought this machine for my kids and wife. When I took the first ride I thought I made a mistake because it was so tippy.
After doing these adjustments different machine.
As someone else said the GT may have a stiffer sway bar. I'm not sure. I bet some after market company will be coming out with a stiffer sway bar. John Sharrard a suspension tuning expert gave me these suggestions. Did them, works get.
My front clickers were in the medium setting listed in the manual before giving the additional 2 clicks harder.

Fuse 6

thanks for the input, i'll try them, it's the wifes machine and it scared her alittle bit, she wanted a rev 550f and i went for the phazer fx, cause i knew it was a better machine and would last her for a long time, i just need to get it dialed in for her, it's got plenty of power for her

The GT's sway bar has a different method of attaching to the lower a-arms.

The difference is that you get a little more body roll with the FX giving it more of a "Tippy" feeling. I'd try some of the suggestions in this thread as well.

fuse6 said:
How I improved the tippiness on our FX
The FX sits 1" higher than the GT with its shock package. Need to get the machine sitting lower.
I reduced the spring pressure on both the front shocks and the front shock of the rear skid. Mine came from the dealer with the spring pressure set very high. Softening these spring pressures let the shocks sag some lowering the machine and centre of gravity.
Rode the machine on trails significant improvement but still a bit tippy.
Then I turned the clickers 2 clicks harder on the front shocks. This stiffens up the front end more.
The machine now handles way better and safer.
Like many of you I bought this machine for my kids and wife. When I took the first ride I thought I made a mistake because it was so tippy.
After doing these adjustments different machine.
As someone else said the GT may have a stiffer sway bar. I'm not sure. I bet some after market company will be coming out with a stiffer sway bar. John Sharrard a suspension tuning expert gave me these suggestions. Did them, works get.
My front clickers were in the medium setting listed in the manual before giving the additional 2 clicks harder.

Fuse 6

i took your advise and tryed it lowered the front end 1" and went up 2 click's on the shock of the fx so there set at top is 9 click's and bottom is 14, is that were your are?

SharkAttack

Not sure which click I'm on now without looking at the manual.
I set the clickers to the factory setting listed in the manual then went the 2 clicks harder on the top clicker.

Have you had a chance to test since doing adjustments? Did you soften up the front shock on the rear skid also.

My boys were out riding tonight on our Motocross Track and said it was handling way better now.
I just need to figure out how adjusting the bottom clicker on the front shocks effects handling.

Fuse 6

fuse6 said:
SharkAttack

Not sure which click I'm on now without looking at the manual.
I set the clickers to the factory setting listed in the manual then went the 2 clicks harder on the top clicker.

Have you had a chance to test since doing adjustments? Did you soften up the front shock on the rear skid also.

My boys were out riding tonight on our Motocross Track and said it was handling way better now.
I just need to figure out how adjusting the bottom clicker on the front shocks effects handling.

Fuse 6

i lowered the front by 1" and the top clicker went +2 from standard and +2 on bottom from standard, haven't tested yet, also, i'm going to adjust the pre-load in the rear to 1/2" to 1" lower and then test next week when i go back to new hampshire, i can re-adjust at my brother in-laws up there if i have to, to get it right on, also, today going to put on the excell exhaust that i've had for 2 months and hadn't had time to put on, will post a pic of it when done, thanks for the help..... ;)!

You really have to use the foot grabs when coming out of the ditch our on an angle.

Concentrating not so much on how far you lean, but on how hard your pulling up with your outside foot on the foot grab. Makes a huge difference.

-Steve

BV1 said:
You really have to use the foot grabs when coming out of the ditch our on an angle.

Concentrating not so much on how far you lean, but on how hard your pulling up with your outside foot on the foot grab. Makes a huge difference.

-Steve

thanks, it's the wifes machine, i have an attak, i just want to make it safe for her, she is no speed demon but loves the fx, she feels its tippy, i really didn't have a problem with it, but if lowering it and adjusting alittle bit here and there will help her i'm all for it ;)!

I still find it tippy... It have the same ski stance as rx1, apex and rs models but if you compare the front shocks on these with the one on the phazer you will se that the shocks are mounted much closer togheter to each other than the other models. You will need much less force to compress the shocks on the phazer than the other models. Force moment arm.

Just my toughts..

Back