• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Titanium Yoshimura RS5 on an FX Nytro RTX

NyTrOMaNIaC

TY 4 Stroke Master
Well guys, I finally received the Yoshimura sportbike exhaust system I had ordered a while back, and my buddy and I have been at it off and on since yesterday taking measurements and trying to fab up a mid pipe and bracket to make it fit the way I want, and I must say, it turned out pretty darn good ! I'd say the sled lost a solid 12 lbs or more, the difference in weight between the stock muffler and the Yosh is crazy ! I had a muffler shop up the road cut and weld the stainless mid pipe in the proper shape to fit, and after a bit of work, it's on pretty tight. I also extended the length so it can be noticed, so it sticks out a few more inches than the stock pipe, gives it a nice look, and it's perfectly centered as well. Now as far as the sound goes, I'd say it's quite a bit louder than stock, the Yosh is only 14 inches long, so anyone looking for close to stock decible levels should opt for a different brand. I ride mostly in backcountry areas, so sound level laws aren't really enforced, but it's not an obnoxious, noisy muffler, rather a VERY deep growl... :Rockon: Anyway, I snapped a few pics for those interested, and I apologize for the poor quality, I'm using a new camera that I recently received and I haven't quite figured out how to use it.... :o|

I'll post my findings on performance when I get a chance to test it out, hopefully this weekend sometime.... ;)!

Attachments

• Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 014.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 014.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 023.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 023.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 024.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 024.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 025.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 025.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 026.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 026.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 027.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 027.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 028.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Yoshimura Exhaust pics 028.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 316

I read a while back, that you had a Yosh pipe ordered and was very interested. Looks awesome!.
I have one on my Gsx-r 600 and love it. Nice throaty sound, but not too loud that its annoying when driving at lower RPM. I am very interested in putting one on my Fx Nytro, let's us know how it sounds, and performs.
Yoshimura products are definitely high quality,and have good fit and finish.
What model sport bike is it off?

THEROOKIE said:
I read a while back, that you had a Yosh pipe ordered and was very interested. Looks awesome!.
I have one on my Gsx-r 600 and love it. Nice throaty sound, but not too loud that its annoying when driving at lower RPM. I am very interested in putting one on my Fx Nytro, let's us know how it sounds, and performs.
Yoshimura products are definitely high quality,and have good fit and finish.
What model sport bike is it off?

It sounds like a GSXR 1000 with the same pipe on it, but a bit louder I'd say, a very deep growl is how I would best describe it. This system is meant to fit an 07 HONDA CBR 600 or 1000.

I'll record a short vid today and see if I can post it up, but we don't have any snow on the ground now, just ice, so it will have to be run on the stand. :o|

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I'll record a short vid today and see if I can post it up, but we don't have any snow on the ground now, just ice, so it will have to be run on the stand. :o|

Excited to hear it! Might want to take the belt off because the track noise will probably drown out the sweet sound of that new Yosh. :Rockon:

Back