• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Titanium Yoshimura RS5 on an FX Nytro RTX

Sounds cool....Not as loud as I would have thought...Nice crisp note.

Attachments

• 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 83

Thanks guys ! The vid doesn't show this pipe's actual sound true justice though. It's quite a bit louder than the stock muffler, but the tone is definitely addictive ! I believe I was revving the engine up to around 6000 rpms on the stand, didn't want to go too high just incase, but higher revs are surely going to sound nice. I think I'll add the other vid I had taken from warm up and post the link. Anyway, I didn't get the opportunity to test it out this weekend as planned, we can blame Mother Nature for that.... :o| I'm really curious to see if this pipe will raise my rpms a bit. On my last ride out I saw 8980 rpms once, but it usually stays anywhere from 8600-8800 rpms on a stretch, and considering the much shorter length of the Yosh and much larger diameter of this pipe's baffle, I'm very curious to see if this will help. I'll report back as soon as I get some good riding in. ;)!

What should we expect to pay for this Yosh can? When you say "midpipe" is that something that came with the Yosh or was it part of the stock system? Thanks for your input!

nytroguy said:
What should we expect to pay for this Yosh can? When you say "midpipe" is that something that came with the Yosh or was it part of the stock system? Thanks for your input!

All depends on the deal you strike. I found mine on ebay, private seller, brand new in the box still wrapped in plastic for well under $300. You can get the stainless muffler or the carbon fiber muffler too, new prices from dealers range from $350-$450 depending on the type of cannister. The stainless steel midpipe was included being this is a slip on system for a CBR 600 RR. You'll need to have a muffler shop fabricate this connector pipe in order to join the stock header and the aftermarket muffler (unless you're a decent welder). This Yosh muffler is only 14 inches long, so that's where the mid pipe comes into play and takes up some room. I had two sections of the mid pipe cut and welded into an S shape with the outlets parallel to one another, offset about 3 inches so the muffler would come straight out the back due to the outlet on the header being offset to the left, and I had the length at exactly 10.25 inches so the tip and Yosh emblem could be seen from the side and rear. There's all kinds of aftermarket mufflers out there, from Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Hindle, Jardine, Muzzy, Micron etc...you just have to pick which one you like best, read a few reviews on which are better than others, and be creative ! Like I said in a earlier post, I liked the sound of the Yosh pipe on my buddy's GSXR 1000, it had a growl that you don't hear on litre bikes like this, plus the shape of the RS5 suits the FX Nytro well, that's why I went with the Yosh ;)!

I just finished weighing them again, just to be sure...

Stock Muffler weighed 17 lbs
Yosh Ti RS5 weighed 3.5 lbs

Weight Loss of almost 14 lbs !!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make approximately the equivalent of 2 more horsepower ?!?!??? I'm pretty happy with the weight loss improvement alone ! :Rockon:

Very nice work!

For others considering the Yosh pipes, they do produce a quiet core version called "Zyclone". It reduces the decibles quite a bit.

bjowett said:
Very nice work!

For others considering the Yosh pipes, they do produce a quiet core version called "Zyclone". It reduces the decibles quite a bit.

I never knew about the Zyclone. That's good to know that they have a quiter version, however, I don't think I would have gone that route anyway, I like the Raspy sound ! :Rockon:

These motors are not the same for that pipe, do you even know if you are making any power or losing for that matter?

Back