• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Toe-In

dknarnd

The way I read the service manual toe-in should be measured with the front end up off of the ground. After I adjusted to within spec and set the machine down it changes considerably, about 7/8 in. difference, and I now have toe-out. Shouldn't there be some toe in when sitting on the ground and how much does oversize tires effect the toe-in specifications?

just my $.02

:ORC i work with big trucks and when we put baloon tires on a steer axle (front) the toe in spec changes to keep tire wear even. with normal tires we set the toe at 1/8"toed in. with the balloon tires we set them square. this should be answerd by your dealer i think because there where some older models availible from factory with wide tires on the front for flotation. :lol: hope this can help

They might mean that the front end should be off the ground but supported in such a way that the suspension is still supporting the weight.
I used to run a 4wd shop and we did numerous toe settings that way.

Well I went back and did it again and now have it so that there is about 1/8" toe in while it is on the ground. Having oversize tires and a different offset changed it quite a bit. What I did not was just supported the front enough to take some weight off of the suspension to allow the adjustment to be easier but took my final measurement with the machine sitting without any support. It is amazing how much it changes with weight on the suspension and again if you roll the machine forward and back again and then take another measurement. I will see how it rides this weekend.

I would take some toe-adjusting wrenches with you because any quad that I have had, ran way more stable down the trail with about 1/8 " of toe out with the suspension settled by getting on the quad and rocking back and forth and wiggling and jumping on the front rack.....(no, just jounce on the front bumper 3 times and let go) Toe in could give you erratic steering at higher speeds. Darting from sise to side, and also unstable steering. You may be fine with what setting you have but IMO you can't go wrong with slight toe out because it will never ~feel~ dangerous. IMO. Toe in doesn't effect the smaller, lighter quads as much as the big boys.

Back